1 Reply Latest reply: May 3, 2013 5:34 AM by fac586 RSS

Apex 4.2: changing link column from ROWID to ID

emma-apex
      Hello

I have a report linked to a form. The link column is currently ROWID and I want to change it to the Primary Key of the DB table, which is called ID.

I have done this before on a previous report/form where that ID was a display column and it works fine. Now I'm trying to copy what I did, which is this:

On the report page, go to Interactive Report attributes, scroll down to Link Column, and for Item 1, change the Name and Value.

The problem is that Name does not list P52_ID. If I type it in, it throws an error when I run the page.

I think I added ID, which is also a Display column, later on, so I wonder whether Apex has a refresh issue and can't "see" P52_ID.

Does anyone know how I refresh my list, or whether in fact something else is causing this?

Thanks
      Emma
        • 1. Re: Apex 4.2: changing link column from ROWID to ID
          fac586
          >

It's not very clear from this what you're trying to do/have done. (Creating examples on apex.oracle.com is a good way to avoid misunderstandings in conveying the nature of your problems.)
          I have a report linked to a form.
          Which page contains the report and which the form?
          The link column is currently ROWID and I want to change it to the Primary Key of the DB table, which is called ID.
          "Link Column" refers to the Link Column section in the IR attributes, rather than the Column Link section of the ID column attributes?
          I have done this before on a previous report/form where that ID was a display column and it works fine. Now I'm trying to copy what I did, which is this:

On the report page, go to Interactive Report attributes, scroll down to Link Column, and for Item 1, change the Name and Value.

The problem is that Name does not list P52_ID. If I type it in, it throws an error when I run the page.
          What is the error?

What are the values of the Link Column, Target and Page properties?

Is P52_ID an item on the target page?

What are the Source: Automatic Row Processing (DML) properties of the ARF process on the form page?
          I think I added ID, which is also a Display column, later on, so I wonder whether Apex has a refresh issue and can't "see" P52_ID.
          Added ID where? To the table? The IR query? The form page?