4 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2013 9:42 AM by Udo RSS

Post Clone Steps Apex

SusanJK
      Hi All,

I am totally new to Apex.. so i will be totally asking ridiculous questions hopefully not!!!

I had to do a full clone for the ebs & db.. so did it and then found oops apex is part of it ..
      I did search for folder called apex_listener .. nothing came back ...mmm did a search for apex.war nothing again ..

My system: linux 64 bit .. rac environment
      2 nodes for EBS Application with version 12.1.3
      and 2 nodes for database with version 11.2.0.2

My total ASSUMPTION that i will find the apex config file within apps server .. failed miserably ..

What are the usual post clone steps for apex or is a reinstall preferred? Kindly shed some light ..

Edited by: SusanJK on May 5, 2013 6:46 PM
        • 1. Re: Post Clone Steps Apex
          SusanJK
          the dads.conf has the correct setting. i can loggin using the username and password on the system.
          • 2. Re: Post Clone Steps Apex
            Udo
            Hi Susan,

it seems you aren't using APEX Listener to access your APEX instance right now, but Oracle HTTP Server/mod_plsql instead. At least that's what I conclude from your hint to the dads.conf.
            Why do you think you need to search for APEX Listener in your environment?
            Note that Oracle HTTP Server has been the recommended way to host your APEX instance before APEX Listener was introduced. You can have but don't need both of them.

-Udo
            • 3. Re: Post Clone Steps Apex
              SusanJK
              Udo,

With all the honesty, i have been reading posts there and here in regards to the topic Apex. So i am sitting on a lot of ASSUMPTION here..

alright server information i.e. rac env
              2 nodes for database and
              2 nodes for application ..

there are scripts within db ORACLE_HOME/apex
              also the user login as apexresprd resides on application .. so i assumed that the listener should be running from the database in order for the application server to communicate with the db server for Apex..... Sorry if i made a foool outta myself!!!

[apexresprd@servername ~]$ /u02/app/oracle/OAFM/apps/Oracle_WT1/opmn/bin/opmnctl status

Processes in Instance: OHS1
              --------------------------------------------------------------+---------
              ias-component | process-type | pid | status
              --------------------------------------------------------------+---------
              OHS1 | OHS | 10697 | Alive

i believe the above says the apex is alive but i cant access it via the url so not sure what i have to do ..

Sorry i am very vague i think ...
              • 4. Re: Post Clone Steps Apex
                Udo
                also the user login as apexresprd resides on application .. so i assumed that the listener should be running from the database in order for the application server to communicate with the db server for Apex..... Sorry if i made a foool outta myself!!!
                There's often a confusion with database listener and APEX Listener... Of course, you can run APEX Listener on the same machine as your database, but in contrast to the database listener it's more an application server component than a database component. Similar to APEX Listener, which is deployed to a JEE container [app server] or uses an embedded JEE container, mod_plsql was "added" to Oracle HTTP Server to make it front your APEX instance in your database. To do that, they both connect to the database using the database listener using JDBC (APEX Listener) or OCI (mod_plsql).
                OHS1 | OHS | 10697 | Alive

i believe the above says the apex is alive but i cant access it via the url so not sure what i have to do ..
                I'm not sure about this. This means your Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) is up. It doesn't mean it has been configured properly to make APEX available. This is done in the dads.conf for mod_plsql you've already mentioned.
                What's the actual error message you receive when you call the URL for your APEX instance?

-Udo