6 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2013 8:44 AM by user991423

Is it possible to fill item number on a PO autocreated from PR?

user991423
      Hi,

I have created a non-catalog PR (i.e. without item number) and then autocreated to PO.

On the PO, the item number field is protected. Is it possible for me to fill the item number? Thanks.

Regards
      Leo
        • 1. Re: Is it possible to fill item number on a PO autocreated from PR?
          PranitSaha
          Hi Leo,

No, it's not possible.

Thanks,

PS.
          • 2. Re: Is it possible to fill item number on a PO autocreated from PR?
            user991423
            Hi PS,

On the AutoCreate form, user can choose 'Tools' > Modify. Is it possible to update item number by this way?

The business scenario is that user raise a PR to buy a LED TV. But he doesn't know which brand and model at the time of PR creation. After sourcing by Purchasing Department, a specific brand and model is confirmed. So, if item number cannot be updated, does it mean user has to cancel the original PR and raise the PR again with the confirmed item number?

Thanks.
            Leo
            • 3. Re: Is it possible to fill item number on a PO autocreated from PR?
              User315731
              Hi Leo,
              yes,I think you can modify the requisition lines during "autocreate" process to PO.

Make sure the profile "PO: Restrict Requisition line modify to quantity split" to NO.
              pls see the note below:-
              Use the Modify Lines window to split an existing requisition line into multiple requisition lines that represent the same or different items. For example, if the requisition line quantity is so large that a single supplier cannot fill the entire order by the need-by date, then you need to fill this order from more than one supplier. On the other hand, if you have a requisition line item that contains parts that you want to order as unique items, you can explode the requisition line into several lines. After you modify a requisition line, you cannot modify the new requisition line(s) again.

Note: You cannot modify requisition lines for outside processing items and when you are using encumbrance accounting or budgetary control.

Thanks
              -Arif.
              • 4. Re: Is it possible to fill item number on a PO autocreated from PR?
                user991423
                Thanks Arif.

I've just tried the 'Modify Lines' function on AutoCreate form. It seems that it allows adding another new requisition lines instead of modifying the original lines (except split quantity)

My business scenario is that the requestor doesn't know the exact item to be purchased (e.g. he also wants to buy a LED TV), hence, raise a non-catalog request. After sourcing, the buyer decides to buy Sony LED TV 40" model: L40B001 and an item number is created for this TV. If the buyer autocreates the PR to a PO, can the buyer inputs this item number to the PO line?

Thanks
                Leo
                • 5. Re: Is it possible to fill item number on a PO autocreated from PR?
                  User338954
                  Hi

You can try On the AutoCreate form, user can choose 'Tools' > Modify

there is no other way to change the Item number.
                  • 6. Re: Is it possible to fill item number on a PO autocreated from PR?
                    user991423
                    Hi

I've tried 'Modify Requisition'. The system allows to create additional requisition lines to replace the original line. That's how it works.

This can serve the purpose that if requestor didn't enter an item number. Then buyer can 'modify' by creating another requisition line with item number and replace requestor's original line. In this case, the PR will have two lines, with the original one being marked 'Modified' and will not be used in subsequent actions

This is what I understand. Thanks a lot.

Leo