6 Replies Latest reply: May 8, 2013 4:37 AM by 980323 RSS

Issue with OEM 12c installation on AIX server

Hi,

I have downloaded files from oracle website and copy those files to my server.
      em12cr2p1_aix64_disk1.zip , em12cr2p1_aix64_disk2.zip, em12cr2p1_aix64_disk3.zip

While doing unzip I am getting below error.

*$ unzip -d install em12cr2p1_aix64_disk1.zip*
      Archive: em12cr2p1_aix64_disk1.zip
      End-of-central-directory signature not found. Either this file is not
      a zipfile, or it constitutes one disk of a multi-part archive. In the
      latter case the central directory and zipfile comment will be found on
      the last disk(s) of this archive.
      unzip: cannot find zipfile directory in one of em12cr2p1_aix64_disk1.zip or
      em12cr2p1_aix64_disk1.zip.zip, and cannot find em12cr2p1_aix64_disk1.zip.ZIP, period.

I did manually extract files in local and copy the folder structure on server but during installation, I am getting error like *" OUI-10133:Invalid stage area. There is no to level components for IBM SP AIX available for installation in this staging area"*

Could someone please advise me whats wrong here.
        • 1. Re: Issue with OEM 12c installation on AIX server
          Venkata Thiruveedhi-Oracle
          Hi,

How was the installation performed?

Which method was used to install the OMS?

+ Generally this error might occur due to the incorrect entry for the products.xml file location:

FROM_LOCATION="/u01_001/oracle/src/em12cr2p1_aix64/stage/products.xml"

Refer the document provided below:

EM 12c: Enterprise Manager 12.1.0.2 Cloud Control Silent Install Fails with Message: ERROR: OUI-10133:Invalid staging area [ID 1544965.1]

Regards,
          Venkat
          • 2. Re: Issue with OEM 12c installation on AIX server
            Akanksha Sheoran Kaler
            Hi , Can you open an SR with this issue and provide answers to following questions in this forum:

a) Did you check the checksum and byte information on OTN and compared it to what you have on your server where you downloaded the binaries
            b) Did the unzip happened correctly
            c) Did you extract all the zips in a single folder?
            d) Can you go to your Disk1 folder and run command: ls to see what all subfolders you have:
            @adcxxxxxxx Disk1]$ ls
            install libskgxn plugins response stage WT.zip jdk oms Release_Notes.pdf runInstaller wls
            • 3. Re: Issue with OEM 12c installation on AIX server
              Mnazim-Oracle
              Software hasn't extracted properly, please use unzip version 6 to dowload the software and extract under one dir as given in the download url

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/oem/grid-control/downloads/aix5lsoft-091214.html

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 2 Plugin Update 1 (12.1.0.2)
              for IBM AIX on POWER Systems (64-bit)
              Download the complete files
              em12cr2p1_aix64_disk1.zip (2,169,268,773 bytes) (cksum - 3052516559)
              em12cr2p1_aix64_disk2.zip (2,271,955,980 bytes) (cksum - 13147947)
              em12cr2p1_aix64_disk3.zip (2,563,046,862 bytes) (cksum - 1681333195)
              Directions
              1. All files are in the .zip format. There is an unzip utility for this platform here if you need one and we recommend you to use unzip version 6.
              2. Download the files and unzip them into the same directory
              • 4. Re: Issue with OEM 12c installation on AIX server
                Thanks all. Issue was due to unzip. When I compared line by line, I saw many folder are missing.
                re-uploaded all files and was able to finish the silent installation.
                • 5. Re: Issue with OEM 12c installation on AIX server
                  Akanksha Sheoran Kaler
                  To clarify, you unzip the EM binaries with version6 and then you got all the folder ? Earlier you were unzipping with which version ?
                  • 6. Re: Issue with OEM 12c installation on AIX server
                    problem is, I was unable to run unzip command on my unix server(running on AIX) and giving invalid zip file error as shown above, due to which I extracted all files in local and moved folder using Winscp. Seems that did not uploaded some file and caused this issue.