4 Replies Latest reply: May 10, 2013 8:45 AM by CraigB RSS

How to generate a local file pdf  with reports 11g

I want to generate a local pdf file to print it with client_host
        • 1. Re: How to generate a local file pdf  with reports 11g
          Ravi Teja Balla
          Hi ,

I think using report builder can't support pdf output, you need to create a xml publisher report and register a template to give pdf output.

Regards,
          Ravi.
          • 2. Re: How to generate a local file pdf  with reports 11g
            tony.g
            I think using report builder can't support pdf output
            I'm pretty sure it can.
            • 3. Re: How to generate a local file pdf  with reports 11g
              François Degrelle
              Hello,

If you generate a Reports PDF output with the FILE output parameter to generate a named file on the A.S., you could after get it on the client with the Webutil AS_To_Client() method.

Francois
              • 4. Re: How to generate a local file pdf  with reports 11g
                CraigB
                I think using report builder can't support pdf output,...
                All of our reports are PDF output so Reports 11g definately supports this format.

I'm a little confused by your request, however. If your user has your PDF report displayed in a browser window - can't they just click the "Save" button in Acrobat Reader to save the report to their computer?

Is your user wanting to bypass this step and have the report generated and saved automatically to their computer? If this is what you want to do, then Francois's suggestion is the way to proceed. You will be using the WebUtil library to transfer the file to the client computer. This means, you will need to complete the configuration of the WebUtil library on your application server before you can use any of the WebUtil methods.

If you are new to WebUtil, I recommend you search the Forms Help on "Webutil" and review the following articles:
                Configuring WebUtil
                Runtime Setup Checklist

These first two articles give you step-by-step instructions for completing the WebUtil configuration on your application server.

Using WebUtil in Your Appilcations - This article will demonstrate how to implement WebUtil in a Form.

Hope this helps,
                Craig...