5 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2013 8:45 AM by 949415 RSS

OIM 11.1.1.5.0 Loggers

Where can I see all the loggers (both inactive and active) defined in OIM ?

I know that the logging.xml file located in "DOMAIN_HOME/fmwconfig/servers/oim_server1" I can see most of the loggers. Some loggers that are not explicitly defined in that file are XELLERATE and ORACLE.IAM.CONNECTORS.ICFCOMMON.SERVICE.OIM9.OIM9CONFIGURATION to name a few.

In the enterprise manager console, I can only see active loggers. For example, after restarting OIM I don't see any ORACLE.IAM.CONNECTORS.ICFCOMMON.* loggers defined in em. Only after I perform an operation that involves something to do with the connector, the ORACLE.IAM.CONNECTORS.ICFCOMMON.* loggers appears.

Is there a file/database table/lookup that shows all loggers in OIM?
      Any insights would be helpful.
        • 1. Re: OIM 11.1.1.5.0 Loggers
          Rajiv Dewan
          In the enterprise manager console, I can only see active loggers. For example, after restarting OIM I don't see any ORACLE.IAM.CONNECTORS.ICFCOMMON.* loggers defined in em. Only after I perform an operation that involves
          Suppose you have configured AD Connector logger in OIM. When you do some operation with AD then only you would be able to see logs from AD Connector logger because java code (which is making use of that logger) will be called only at that time only.

If you want to see all the loggers which are there in OIM then read the Developer or Admin Guide. You can see the list of logers there.
          • 2. Re: OIM 11.1.1.5.0 Loggers
            If I make changes to the XELLERATE.* loggers (E.g. Change the logging level to TRACE:32) through the EM console, where does the changes get push to?

I know that if I change loggers that are already defined in the logging.xml and check "Persist log level state across component restarts" in the EM console
            the changes get push to the logger.xml file.

=====================
            Forget the question above. The XELLERATE.* loggers do get push to the loggers.xml if I make them persistent.
            So the loggers.xml keeps track of all the persistent loggers.

Is there a way to see all the inactive runtime loggers?

Edited by: 946412 on May 10, 2013 11:14 AM
            • 3. Re: OIM 11.1.1.5.0 Loggers
              Karthik Perath
              You can see list of loggers configured in OIM by running the WLST tool also..But I am not sure about their states..

cd $ORACLE_HOME/common/bin
              ./wlst.sh

wls:/offline> connect()

wls:/oam_domain/serverConfig>
              listLoggers(pattern="oracle.oim.*",target="oim_server1")
              • 4. Re: OIM 11.1.1.5.0 Loggers
                The WLST command "listLoggers" does not seems to pick inactive loggers (loggers that has never been active). The command displays a lot more loggers though.
                • 5. Re: OIM 11.1.1.5.0 Loggers
                  I guess OIM picks up the loggers that have been activated at least once . . .