This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: May 27, 2013 2:13 AM by Kayaman RSS

wsdl,xsd,xls

1008389 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
am new to wsdl,xsd,xls. i read all these 3 topics. but still can anyone tell me what is it used for in layman terms.
a.are these kind of contracts which should be satisfied while message is sent from ep1 to ep2?
b.are these 3 files generated using automated tool or we have to write it from scratch
c.for example if i am going to send one xml file as message from ep1 to ep2, how many wsdl,xsd and xsl files required.thanks
  • 1. Re: wsdl,xsd,xls
    1008389 Newbie
    Anybody out there to help with my simple question?
  • 2. Re: wsdl,xsd,xls
    Kayaman Guru
    a.are these kind of contracts which should be satisfied while message is sent from ep1 to ep2?
    You claimed to have read about all three. It doesn't seem so.
    WSDL defines the service, XSD defines the format of the XML file. And XSL (not XLS) is used for example to modify XML via XSLT.
    b.are these 3 files generated using automated tool or we have to write it from scratch
    There are automated tools of course, writing them by hand would be very time consuming.
    c.for example if i am going to send one xml file as message from ep1 to ep2, how many wsdl,xsd and xsl files required.thanks
    I think you have some more reading to do. You can send an XML file without using any of those. However, if you're talking about webservices, then WSDL and XSD become involved.

I suggest you hit the books again.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points