This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2013 11:51 PM by Frank Nimphius RSS

Can not create save point using EL.

KK_Ash Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Friends

I would like to create a save point in my application to roll back the last commit..I watched the ADF insider video and there he is able to use EL for creating the save point using the following command

#{controllerContext.savePointManager.createSavePoint}

I can see only some getters under controllerContext..I did not see savePointManager.....Did I forget any other settings or imports?..... I tried my level best but I am not able to get this method in my EL edit window .

What may be the reason...

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Can not create save point using EL.
    Timo Hahn Oracle ACE
    As there are many adf essential videos out and lots of jdev versions we can't help.

What I can say is that you normally can't use a savepoint to 'rollback' a commit you did before. A commit persists into the db and the savepoint can't roll this back. For this you would have to know the old data and change it back.

Timo
  • 2. Re: Can not create save point using EL.
    Frank Nimphius Employee ACE
    Timo is correct in that you don't use save points for undoing commits or rollback. In fact transactional save points are deleted after a commit or rollback

ControllerContext class --> http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E14571_01/apirefs.1111/e10651/oracle/adf/controller/ControllerContext.html

In the EL editor you see "savePointManager" as a property, not a method name

Frank

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points