This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2013 5:50 AM by matthew_morris RSS

Grade Indicator in "REVOKE" Status

1008600 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I cleared my Program with PL/SQL (1Z0-147) exam on 12th Feb 2013 and got 98%.
I also got my e-certificate for completing the exam.
But When I came to download the certificate again the grade indicator is in "REVOKE" status.
When I click on View Report i get the following error "There are no registrations assoicated with your student information."
I have raised a Oracle support form ticket for the same.
I cant share my testing ID here.
Please somebody help me on this issue.
I can share my SR number If its required.
Please do the needful.

Edited by: 1005597 on May 13, 2013 7:49 AM
  • 1. Re: Grade Indicator in "REVOKE" Status
    matthew_morris Expert
    I can share my SR number If its required.
    If you do not get a response from the SR within 3-5 business days, then put the SR # in here. That number is not personally identifying and cannot be used by anyone except Oracle employees, so is not a problem to post in this forum.

I can't help with what the problem might be, though. The only time the I know of that certifications get revoked is if the OCP Fraud team identifies that an individual has cheated on their exams using brain dumps or other illicit material.
  • 2. Re: Grade Indicator in "REVOKE" Status
    1008600 Newbie
    thanks a lot for your response.
    I contacted the center in which I wrote the exam.
    They are saying its global issue because of some voucher problem.
    Can that be the issue ? If so how long will it take to resolve.
    I raised the OSF on Friday, so 3 Business days will be Wednesday :(
    I did not receive any mail regarding my certificate getting revoked and I took up the exam genuinely...
    It would be of great help if I could know what the exact problem is.....
  • 3. Re: Grade Indicator in "REVOKE" Status
    matthew_morris Expert
    I raised the OSF on Friday, so 3 Business days will be Wednesday
    Opening the Support ticket was the correct first step.

The correct second step is to wait 3-5 business days for them to respond.

If you don't get a response after that time frame has expired, the correct third step will be to publish the SR number in here and the forum moderator will check on the status of the support ticket.
  • 4. Re: Grade Indicator in "REVOKE" Status
    bigdelboy Pro
    In terms of vouchers the following blog warning may or may not be relevant:

https://blogs.oracle.com/certification/entry/0736

It is also possilble the System has some form of data problem.

On balance I suspect someone, somewhere, is doing something fradulent; and Oracle/Pearson may have had to suspend everything until is it sorted.

Or it may even be some bug from a junior programmer .... who knows ?

A little time will tell.
  • 5. Re: Grade Indicator in "REVOKE" Status
    matthew_morris Expert
    Seeing your post in the similar thread in this forum: ("Please let me know if you get any response from the oracle support team."), the final step you should take once this has been resolved (as I'm sure it will be shortly) will be to add a post to this thread indicating what the resolution was and marking the thread as answered so that someone else encountering this problem has useful information.
  • 6. Re: Grade Indicator in "REVOKE" Status
    1008600 Newbie
    Thanks a lot Mathew and bigdelboy for your response. I'll sure update with what needs to be done if i get response :)
    The only thing i can do now is wait :(
  • 7. Re: Grade Indicator in "REVOKE" Status
    Brandye Barrington Expert
    This issue is currently under further review. You should have received an email from Oracle about this. Stay tuned.

Regards,
    Brandye Barrington
    Certification Forum Moderator
  • 8. Re: Grade Indicator in "REVOKE" Status
    1008600 Newbie
    Hi All,
    I got a mail from OCPFRAUD_WW as below

Dear Oracle University Customer:

Oracle University believes that the order #XXXXXXX was purchased using a suspected fraudulent credit card.
    All vouchers associated with this order have been cancelled in the Oracle University system. Additionally, all exams taken with these vouchers and all certifications earned as a result, have been revoked. At this time the exam that you took using a voucher from this order has been nullified. View Oracle Certification's voucher policy.

Please contact us at CustomerSat_us@oracle.com, referencing your order number, should you have information to the contrary so we may correct the situation

Thank you for selecting Oracle University for your training.
    Regards,
    Oracle Certification team

The following are my question:
    The testing center in which i took up the exam is certified by PEARSON VUE for oracle certification and I paid the Exam fee fully in cash. Since I am no way related to the Credit card that is used by the Testing Centre why am i under the cane ? Why is my exam being revoked for mistake done by the testing centre ? Leave aside the pains i took for the exam, the shame of having my exam results revoked is unbearable.
    Seniors and Moderators can you please guide me on further action that needs to be taken.
  • 9. Re: Grade Indicator in "REVOKE" Status
    matthew_morris Expert
    1005597 wrote:
    Seniors and Moderators can you please guide me on further action that needs to be taken.
    Have you contacted CustomerSat_us@oracle.com, referencing the order number and providing a copy of your invoice from Pearson Vue?
    That invoice should show that you paid with cash rather than with a voucher. I just looked at the invoice for the last exam I took and it specifically says 'Payment by Credit Card'. Yours should say something like 'Payment by Cash'.
    The testing center in which i took up the exam is certified by PEARSON VUE for oracle certification and I paid the Exam fee fully in cash.
    Since I am no way related to the Credit card that is used by the Testing Centre why am i under the cane ?
    Why is my exam being revoked for mistake done by the testing centre ?
    Unless I am really reading their letter wrong, what it is indicating is that they think you paid Pearson Vue with a voucher, not that Pearson View paid Oracle with a fraudulent credit card -- ( At this time the exam that you took using a voucher from this order has been nullified ). Prove that you paid with cash and you should be fine.
    Leave aside the pains i took for the exam, the shame of having my exam results revoked is unbearable.
    There is shame in doing something you shouldn't have done. If you are the victim of an error, then there is nothing to feel except irritation.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points