This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2013 11:41 AM by Akanksha Sheoran Kaler RSS

Installing shared agent on NFS

LeightonLNelson Journeyer
Currently Being Moderated
I'm trying to deploy EM 12.1.0.2 agents on a 2-node RAC cluster with shared directories on NFS. After I installed the first agent I use the instructions in the documentation http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e24089/install_agent_usng_shrd_hm.htm to install the shared agent.
Deployment Type ->Add Host to Shared Agent
Target -> node1
OH -> Same as target on node1 (/u02/oracle/agent12c)
Instance -> /u02/oracle/agent12c/node2/agent_inst
However, it fails at the Prerequisite steps because it detects an existing agent on the host. Here's a snippet of the logs which gives the failed pre-reqs:

2013-05-13_11-43-34:INFO:DESCRIPTION:This is a prerequisite condition to ensure that there is no agent home exist on the host. RESULT: WARNING RESULT TEXT: Expected result: EM Agent should not exist in host.
Actual Result: An agent home already exists
Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Failed <<<<
2013-05-13_11-43-34:INFO:DESCRIPTION:This is a prerequisite to check if Agent Oracle Home or Install Base Directory, is already registered with inventory RESULT: FAILED RESULT TEXT: Expected result: New Agent Oracle Home should not be registered with inventory
Actual Result: Agent Oracle Home with same value /u02/oracle/agent12c/core/12.1.0.2.0 exists
Check complete. The overall result of this check is: Failed <<<<

Has anyone seen this before?

Thanks,
Leighton
  • 1. Re: Installing shared agent on NFS
    mnazim Expert
    This is because you are trying nfs agent on same host on which you have deployed the first agent.Please try on another host
  • 2. Re: Installing shared agent on NFS
    Akanksha Sheoran Kaler Pro
    Hi Nelson, as Nazim mentioned, how did you install the first agent ? If you are planning to install nfs agent on 2 node rac then make sure that you donnt have an existing 12c agent on these node, else you will get a pre-req warning that agent is already deployed. You can choose to ignore it and move forward as well. Let me knwo if this i snot clear to you or not working.
    Also if it fails durther you can drop me an email with logs.
  • 3. Re: Installing shared agent on NFS
    Hi Akanksha,
    The NFS agent is being installed on a different host with no existing agent. I'll remove the master agent and retry the deployment. I'll send you the logs via email also.

Thanks,
    Leighton
  • 4. Re: Installing shared agent on NFS

I upgraded the NFS agents to 12.1.0.3.0 but there were some errors encountered during the upgrade. It wasn't properly detecting the correct agent version so I uninstalled the shared agent only. Now I'm attempting the re-install the agent using silent install approach.

The master agent is already installed and I'm attempting to create the plugin list using the master agent but its failing.

$AGENT_HOME/perl /u02/oracle/agent12c/core/12.1.0.3.0/sysman/install/create_plugin_list.pl -instancehome /u02/oracle/agent12c/agent_inst

The agent Base Dir is

Creating file : /rwFile

The plugin file cannot be created.

Make sure the  has write permission

It appears to be using the incorrect agent Base directory.

./emctl getproperty agent -name agentBaseDir

Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 3

Copyright (c) 1996, 2013 Oracle Corporation.  All rights reserved.

agentBaseDir=/u02/oracle/agent12c

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Leighton

• 5. Re: Installing shared agent on NFS
    Akanksha Sheoran Kaler Pro

Hi Nelson, lets take this up over email.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points