7 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2013 3:49 AM by 1008713 RSS

Query Plan Not Showing Events

MattJames
      Hi,

I've posted before about this, but after doing more testing I've found that the Query Plan won't show events passing through any processor. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there configuration I have missed? Any information would be helpful.

Cheers,
      Matt
        • 1. Re: Query Plan Not Showing Events
          Hi Matt,
          I want to make sure about the version of OEP you are using at first. As I known, from PS6(OEP 11.1.1.1.7), you can get event passing statistic information in the Visualizer query plan only if added following configuration in server config.xml before OEP server start. The switch is for performance consideration.
          <cql><stats-enabled>true</stats-enabled></cql>

Regards,
          XiYing

Edited by: 1005710 on May 13, 2013 8:19 PM
          • 2. Re: Query Plan Not Showing Events
            MattJames
            Hi XiYing,

I have seen the problem in both 11.1.1.6 and 11.1.1.7 . I have just tried adding this to config.xml in 11.1.1.6 and it didn't accept it. I will try on 11.1.1.7 in a minute. Is this in the documentation somewhere? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for your help.
            • 3. Re: Query Plan Not Showing Events
              MattJames
              I also get an error when I try this for a PS6 oep server.

Regards,
              Matt
              • 4. Re: Query Plan Not Showing Events
                Hi Matt,
                I checked bug records before. There is a bug happened on OEP 11.1.1.6(PS5) Load 12 and the bug is fixed on OEP 11.1.1.7(PS6) build with label PCBPEL_11.1.1.7.0_GENERIC_121018.1127.0585. So Could u check the version of OEP 11.1.1.7(PS6) and OS version OEP running on? You can check the OEP version under $Middleware_HOME/ocep_11.1/SOURCE_CONTROL.MF.
                • 5. Re: Query Plan Not Showing Events
                  I done a test on OEP 11.1.1.7(PS6) RC3/window 7 as following and the real stat info can get. Please make sure you done step 1 and step 8.
                  *1. Add the following configuration in the server config
                  file($OEPServerHome/config/config.xml) to enable the query plan statistic
                  information in Visualzer

<cql><stats-enabled>true</stats-enabled></cql>
                  2. Start the OEP server
                  3. Deploy Sample HelloWorld Applciation on one OCEP server
                  4. The CQL rule on helloworldProcessor is 'select * from
                  helloworldInputChannel'
                  5. Click Domain>server>Applicaitons>helloworld>Stages>helloworldProcessor in
                  left panel in Visualizer
                  6. Click Query Plan in right panel
                  7. Select [In Messages] Stats, [Out Messages] Stats, [Execution] Stats in the
                  Query Plan Preference
                  *8. Click 'Get Stats' Button to start gathering statistic
                  9. The value for 'numOutMessages', 'numInMessages' and 'numExecution' can be
                  displayed and are non-zero in the Query Plan diagram

Regards,
                  XiYing
                  • 6. Re: Query Plan Not Showing Events
                    MattJames
                    Thankyou XiYing, I wasn't using the latest PS6 server, I was using different versions of PS5. Adding that line to the PS6 domain makes the query plan work, which is what I needed. Nothing works for the PS5 domain, I imagine that is a bug.

Thanks for your help, question answered.
                    • 7. Re: Query Plan Not Showing Events
                      Glad to see it works.

--XiYing