This discussion is archived
11 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2013 6:16 AM by Pascal Kreyer - Oracle RSS

ILOM email capabilites

219445 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I am running ILOM 3.0.16.7 on T-4 servers. I am trying to find a way to email some event logs (for the power supplies) out to the system administrators. I am having trouble getting that process to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • 1. Re: ILOM email capabilites
    Nik Expert
    Hi.
    Try read http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19860-01/E21446/E21446.pdf from page 98.
    Hope it help.

Regards.
  • 2. Re: ILOM email capabilites
    219445 Newbie
    Thanks for the info. It helped much.
  • 3. Re: ILOM email capabilites
    219445 Newbie
    I followed all of the information in the docs but have 1 problem. I am getting the following in the event log.

smtp test : failed to open smtp connection

All of the other entries in the log : building the smtp client, adding the address/port, and even setting the object all showed up as ": success" in the log

I am trying to figure out what this error is telling me. Since I am on an Oracle server (SUN SPARC) i gave the ip as the address for the global zone of the server that I am logged into. Is this correct? Thanks in advance.
  • 4. Re: ILOM email capabilites
    219445 Newbie
    Came up with errors that I can't solve.
  • 5. Re: ILOM email capabilites
    Nik Expert
    Hi.
    You should provide IP address of your SMTP mail server. ILOM don't have own SMTP server.

It's not good when you use IP adress of same server which managed via this ILOM.

Server can be down so ILOM can't delivery E-mail.

Check LOGS on Your SMTP server.

Regards.
  • 6. Re: ILOM email capabilites
    219445 Newbie
    Applied the mail server IP and received the following : SMTP test : SMTP session failed with error code : 0 :

I have tried to find what a 0 error code is for SMTP but everything in the documentation that I have found say it should be a 3 digit number (100, 200,etc.). I am also not in charge of nor do i control anything having to do with the mail server. So I am not sure what this error means. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
  • 7. Re: ILOM email capabilites
    219445 Newbie
    I have put in the the IP for the mail server, rebuilt the client, saved off the configuration, and have received the following error: SMTP test : SMTP session failed with the error code : 0 :

I have tried to find the error code in the documentation and most of the error codes that I have found all start with 3 digits (100, 200, etc.). I am also not in charge nor do I have control of the mail server. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  • 8. Re: ILOM email capabilites
    219445 Newbie
    Sorry about the double post above but having network issues and wasn't sure the first post went through. Problem still exists.
  • 9. Re: ILOM email capabilites
    Nik Expert
    Hi.

Please provide ILOM ip configuration, IP of SMTP server, logs from SMTP server.

It's impossible provide any trubleshuting without any logs.

Regards.
  • 10. Re: ILOM email capabilites
    219445 Newbie
    Thanks for the reply but I cannot provide the information that you requested due to security concerns. Any other ideas?
  • 11. Re: ILOM email capabilites
    Pascal Kreyer - Oracle Expert
    I saw one time a similar problem because the mail server refused non-public email (Exchange server).
    Can ILOM ping the mail server ? Are the above symptom also the case here ? Are standard email (non-proprietary) accepted ?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points