4 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2013 3:19 PM by jiyong

Please Help Siebel High interactivity framework

I get the *'Your version of the Siebel High Interactivity Framework for IE, required for use of the Siebel application , may not be current. In order to download a current version of the Siebel High Interactivity Framework, please ensure that your browser security settings are correct and then log in to the application again. Consult your system administrator for details about the Siebel High Interactivity Framework and correct browser settings.'*

My user and I get this when trying to log onto the GE website. Until just a few days ago he had no issues. I have tried on my PC where I know I have admin rights, I have 'enabled' everything that can be enabled, listed the website in trusted sites etc. We rolled back to IE8 from IE9 even to try and get this to install, but we keep getting the same message.

Does anyone have a solution to this issue?
        • 1. Re: Please Help Siebel High interactivity framework
          Sandesh Ghatkar
          Hi,

We have faced the same issue before. In our case, the high interactivity file placed at server location has different name and folder (virtual directory) has different name. Ideally both should be same(File name and folder name). Check the local file name at "C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files" location. And also check the file name at server location and server folder name.

Thanks,
          Sandesh
          • 2. Re: Please Help Siebel High interactivity framework
            jiyong
            It could be that the ActiveX is damaged.
            Are you by any chance working on an upgrade?
            In other words, were you connecting to two different Siebel versions?

There are some things you can check.
            See the following post on Supportweb: ActiveX Controls do not get downloaded [ID 1065994.1]

When the ActiveX hasn't been installed yet, what happens when you open the predeploy.htm file?
            http://<host>/<subdir>/predeploy.htm

And you might want to have a look at the following post:
            Web Client Deployment Options for Siebel versions 7.x and 8.x [ID 476952.1]

Edited by: jiyong on May 15, 2013 7:41 PM
            • 3. Re: Please Help Siebel High interactivity framework
              Thanks for the replies. I am not sure its an Activex issue or not. Everything else works just fine. My user could access the GE site with no issues until one day last week. All of a sudden he now gets that issue. On my pc when trying it I get the same result. When looking in the Windows\ downloaded files folder there isnt' anything listed at all as 'Siebel'
              • 4. Re: Please Help Siebel High interactivity framework
                jiyong
                Have you tried to access the predeploy html page?
                Are there any popup blockers active through a custom toolbar (something like the Google or Yahoo toolbar)?