6 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2013 7:46 PM by fac586

Same width, but differnet display

FC60
      Hello,
      I have three fields in a form: a text field, a field area and a select list.
      I change the width for all (width=60), but the tree fields don't change.
      thanks
        • 1. Re: Same width, but differnet display
          Howard (... in Training)
          What versions of Oracle Apex and browser are you using?

There are what I would call quirks -- what works for some in some cases has to be done differently for others.

How about setting up a simple example based on the EMP table on apex.oracle.com? Have you done examples on apex.oracle.com before?

Howard
          • 2. Re: Same width, but differnet display
            fac586
            horses60 wrote:

I have three fields in a form: a text field, a field area and a select list.
            I change the width for all (width=60), but the tree fields don't change.
            Insufficient detail. When you have a problem you'll get a faster, more effective response by including as much relevant information as possible upfront. This should include:

<li>Full APEX version
            <li>Full DB/version/edition/host OS
            <li>Web server architecture (EPG, OHS or APEX listener/host OS)
            <li>Browser(s) and version(s) used
            <li>Theme
            <li>Template(s)
            <li>Region/item type(s) (making particular distinction as to whether a "report" is a standard report, an interactive report, or in fact an "updateable report" (i.e. a tabular form)

Explain what you have done to change the width in detail. As mentioned above, creating an example on apex.oracle.com is always recommended for layout and visual formatting problems.
            • 3. Re: Same width, but differnet display
              FC60
              I work on apex.oracle.com with Chrome portable (22.0.1229.94). I try with IE 8 but I have the same problem. Theme 21.

I doubleclick on the filed in the list of items and in the "element section" I change the width.
              If I change text field in text area, the field is correct.

Thanks.
              • 4. Re: Same width, but differnet display
                fac586
                horses60 wrote:
                I work on apex.oracle.com with Chrome portable (22.0.1229.94). I try with IE 8 but I have the same problem. Theme 21.

I doubleclick on the filed in the list of items and in the "element section" I change the width.
                What "width"? The Form Element Width property?

If so, I'm confused, as there is no such property for select lists, which you claim to have modified in the original post.

If not, I'm even more confused as it's not clear what you are actually doing.
                Unfortunately I don't understand what you're saying there.

An example on apex.oracle.com is likely to make the situation much easier to understand.
                • 5. Re: Same width, but differnet display
                  FC60
                  If so, I'm confused, as there is no such property for select lists, which you claim to have modified in the original post.
                  Form=>Edit page Item=>Section: Element=>Form Element Width
                  Form=>Edit page Item=>Section: "Identification"=>Display as

An example on apex.oracle.com is likely to make the situation much easier to understand.
                  How can I do this?
                  • 6. Re: Same width, but differnet display
                    fac586
                    horses60 wrote:
                    Form=>Edit page Item=>Section: Element=>Form Element Width
                    Form=>Edit page Item=>Section: "Identification"=>Display as

How can I do this?
                    apex.oracle.com is an APEX instance hosted by Oracle for use by the APEX community for non-commercial educational, demonstrational and experimental purposes. Most users of this forum have workspaces there as it's the best way to reproduce and share problems. This is particularly true for layout and visual formatting issues like your as it's much easier to understand these by actually seeing them rather than relying on 2nd hand descriptions. If you don't have a workspace on apex.oracle.com, then sign-up here now, then reproduce your problem there and post guest developer credentials for the workspace so we can see what you've done.
                    1 person found this helpful