This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 15, 2013 11:55 PM by Gary Graham RSS

Generating DDL - Constraints and Index Storage

1008686 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I am currently using SQL Dev Version 3.1.07 and mostly love it but have 2 questions about minor frustrations. I tried searching this forum, google, and the SQL Dev documentation but could not find any results.

#1 - When generating the DDL (this applies to both "Quick DDL" and "Database Export") of existing objects, I would like my Constraints to be included in the Table definition instead of being applied as an Alter statement. I am aware of the checkbox entitled "Constraints as Alters (only for viewing) " within Tool/Preferences/Database/Utilities/Export but checking and unchecking this does not modify the constraints in the DDL generated as I would expect. Any thoughts on how to resolve this?

To summarize.....

/*****Current output*****/
CREATE TABLE T1
(C1 NUMBER(1),
C2 NUMBER(1),
ALTER TABLE T1 MODIFY ("C1" NOT NULL ENABLE)

/*****Desired Output*****/
CREATE TABLE T1
(C1 NUMBER(1) NOT NULL ENABLE,
C2 NUMBER(1),
CONSTRAINT "C1" UNIQUE (C1)

#2 - When generating the DDL (this applies to both "Quick DDL" and "Database Export") for indexes with locally managed partitions, I would prefer to just have the word "LOCAL" listed instead of all the detailed partition information. I am aware of the checkbox entitled "Storage" within Tool/Preferences/Database/Utilities/Export but checking and unchecking this does not modify the Index DDL. Thoughts?

To summarize....

/*****Current output*****/
CREATE INDEX T1_I1 ON T1 (C1)
LOCAL
(PARTITION "CPL1998"
( SUBPARTITION "CPL1998_CA" ,
SUBPARTITION "CPL1998_FL" ,

/*****Desired output*****/
CREATE INDEX T1_I1 ON T1 (C1)
LOCAL;

Thanks in advance.

Legend