4 Replies Latest reply: May 16, 2013 3:45 PM by 1009179 RSS

Java support needed

Hello everyone, I know this forum is for developers, but I've been trying to find an active java support forum somewhere. I would be very very grateful if someone could help me with this problem, I've never not been able to solve a problem with my PC before, so this is really frustrating especially with the lack of solutions out there.

The other night I tried to launch Minecraft and all of a sudden the launcher was hanging/freezing on me, disallowing me to login or do anything, and really slowing down my PC to a crawl (CPU usage being normal). It continues to remain idle and not respond until I terminate the process. This also happens with other game launchers using javaw.exe

Here are the things I've tried:

Deleting .minecraft in %appdata%

Re-downloading the Minecraft launcher from Minecraft.net

Completely uninstalling every trace of java from my system (Including registry entries)

Installing a fresh version of Java 64bit (my OS is 64)

Installing Both Java 64 & 32 bit.

Using the offline java installer.

Installing a fresh version of Java 6, 64bit itself and with 32 bit

I've tried countless times to fix this problem but nothing seems to work at all.

Here is a video:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhSyIEhkpis&feature=youtu.be

Any help is much appreciated, Thank You!

http://pastebin.com/w8W58knG

Edited by: 1006176 on May 15, 2013 12:15 PM
        • 1. Re: Java support needed
          gimbal2
          Try Mojang for Minecraft support. Or do you also go to Microsoft for support with any of the thousands of games developed using their Visual C++ product?
          • 2. Re: Java support needed
            I'm looking for a helpful answer please...

If it was Minecraft/Mojang related, I would have it sorted by now. As I clearly mentioned in my post, it's all down to java.

I find this shocking actually, there isn't even any proper technical java support except from the "online chat" which charges you $1 per minute. And then I come on here being as pleasant as possible only to be greeted by a response like that?

Edited by: 1006176 on May 15, 2013 1:03 PM
            • 3. Re: Java support needed
              jschellSomeoneStoleMyAlias
              1006176 wrote:
              I'm looking for a helpful answer please...

If it was Minecraft/Mojang related, I would have it sorted by now. As I clearly mentioned in my post, it's all down to java.
              The reality is that all the evidence you have presented suggests that is a minecraft problem or an environment problem.

If it is a java question then you can do the following
              - Get the SDK, not JRE
              - Write a java program
              - Run it.

The above of course means you must learn some basic java programming.

>
              I find this shocking actually, there isn't even any proper technical java support except from the "online chat" which charges you $1 per minute.
              From the evidence presented the cause could be any number of things. Like a virus. Or a messed up registry. Or failing hardware. Or some other misbehaving application. Or minecraft.
              And then I come on here being as pleasant as possible only to be greeted by a response like that?
              This is a site that supports people who write java programs. Not a support site for products written in java nor a site for fixing environment problems.
              • 4. Re: Java support needed
                I know it's for developers which I mentioned right away in my post. This is the only free support I could find for java, so it was a last resort sort of thing. But there was no need for the above reply, it goes a long way to be nice and respectful.

Anyway thanks for taking the time to reply with something decent. I won't bother anyone on these forums about these kinds of problems again.

Edited by: 1006176 on May 16, 2013 1:45 PM