This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 20, 2013 8:03 AM by clcarter RSS

Install Oracle XE in a domain without domain administrator credential

1009391 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

I work in a company. My Windows 7 64b and my login are identified in a Windows domain. For test purpose, I would like to install Oracle XE on my computer so that I can connect on it.

I tried many things and I had always credential problems or Oracle problems. As I understand the behavior of Oracle :
- if you install it being connected to the domain, you enter during the install a system password that is useless : the domain administrator password should probably be used
- if you logged in the domain but you disconnect your network cable, you cann connect with the given system password
- if after installation you change SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES to (NONE) then you can connect but Oracle isn't started. From the logs, it seems that Oracle hadn't the correct password itself to initialize itself
- if you create, on your computer, a local account with administratror credential, it works all fine from this account but not from your domain account !

My question is : how to install Oracle XE being identified on the domain, without needing administrator credential ? Or once Oracle is installed and authentification set to local, is it possible to initialize Oracle again ?
  • 1. Re: Install Oracle XE in a domain without domain administrator credential
    clcarter Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    how to install Oracle XE being identified on the domain, without needing administrator credential
    Add your domain login to the local administrators group. Per the XE install guide for Windows, the installing user must have administrator rights on the host. See the section "Permission Requirement for Installing Oracle Database XE" at:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17781_01/install.112/e18803/toc.htm#BABIHEJC

Also note the System Architecture requirement, Intel x86, which is not X64. Not to say that it won't work, but there will be challenges getting a successful installer run with a Windows X64 OS.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points