1 2 Previous Next 16 Replies Latest reply: May 17, 2013 3:54 AM by GoodfireGeorge Go to original post RSS
      • 15. Re: How to skip DBCA GUI conf with the minimum Scripts/Steps ? (11.1g Win7)
        John Stegeman
        Oh so there I can include scripts to be run after my DB creation scripts are run ?
        Yes
        Also how do I execute all the scripts created then?
        As I said - included in the scripts will be a batch file/shell script. Run that.

By the way, if you're going the scripted route, it's probably better that you choose the "Custom Database" as the starting point in dbca.
        • 16. Re: How to skip DBCA GUI conf with the minimum Scripts/Steps ? (11.1g Win7)
          GoodfireGeorge
          I saw it afterward I'm so sorry made you wright twice.

Yes yes of course.

Now I will search how to add to teh scripts auto personal NTS + TABLESPACE creation after DB Creation.

If existing online knowledge DB is empty or incomplete on this I will come back with a new thread, can't be added here, this thread served already its primarly title.

Thanks to the contributors.

THREAD SOLUTION :*

Alvaro:
          You have 2 options if you DON'T want to go through the GUI:

1. Create database manually through CREATE DATABASE command, and scripts.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/B28359_01/server.111/b28310/create003.htm

2. Create a database through DBCA in Silent MODE (non - interactive)

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/install.112/e16763/app_nonint.htm

Jhon Stegeman:
          Use dbca and at the end say "save scripts" instead of "create database"

You'll see what dbca does (hint: it creates a batch file/shell script for you to run everything)
          ---------------------
          There is a tab there which you can use to add your own scripts in via DBCA and then have it included...
          --------------------
          included in the scripts will be a batch file/shell script. Run that.

P.S.
          Original Posters should always do this on marking solved serious threads. May takes 5 minutes but doesnt worth the reply you got ?
          1 2 Previous Next