1 Reply Latest reply: May 17, 2013 12:40 PM by Gary Graham-Oracle RSS

Need help on format for query output

BeverlyABeeman-Oracle
      I am new to SQL Developer.

When I run a query in the worksheet, sometimes the results are in table format and sometimes they are in text format. I would like to have the output always in table format, as it is easier to save to Excel that way.

Is there a setting for this? Or can someone explain to me what triggers the format to change for some queries?

I am using SQL D 3.1.07 Build MAIN-07.42 and accessing an instance on 11.2.0.2.
        • 1. Re: Need help on format for query output
          Gary Graham-Oracle
          Hi,

Welcome to the forum!

If you look carefully at the worksheet's toolbar, you will notice two green arrowhead icons on the left side: one larger and one smaller imposed over a lined paper image. How they work:
          1. The larger renders the query result in a grid format (what you call table format). Hover over it with the mouse and see: Run Statement (Ctrl+Enter)
          2. The smaller renders the query result in script output format. Hover over it with the mouse and see: Run Script (F5)

Regards,
          Gary
          SQL Developer Team

Edited by: Gary Graham on May 17, 2013 10:38 AM
          Also, if you use Run Statement to execute code that is inherently script-like, it will treat as if you used Run Script