1 Reply Latest reply: May 20, 2013 4:21 AM by David Last-Oracle RSS

SQL Developer Modeler - create table DDL is not previewing

I have model of about 50+ tables and all the ddl shows. I added four new tables and out of the 4 only one of the DDL shows. I go to the preview of DDL and all it is showing is the constraints , SEQ and TRGs scripts.
      I have compared but I do not see anything different in the setup. See below the create table is not showing this all that show up in the preview window. Any help out there

ALTER TABLE DMD.AISNT_HR_SPLIT ADD CONSTRAINT INV_ISNT_SPLIT_PK PRIMARY KEY ( ISNT_HR_ID ) ;
      CREATE SEQUENCE DMD.AISNT_HR_ID_SEQ START WITH 1 MAXVALUE 999999999 NOCACHE ORDER ;
      CREATE OR REPLACE TRIGGER DMD.AISNT_HR_ID_TRG BEFORE
      INSERT ON DMD.ISNT_HR_SPLIT FOR EACH ROW WHEN (NEW.ISNT_HR_ID IS NULL) BEGIN
      SELECT DMD.ISNT_HR_ID_SEQ.NEXTVAL INTO :NEW.ISNT_HR_ID FROM DUAL;
      END;
        • 1. Re: SQL Developer Modeler - create table DDL is not previewing
          David Last-Oracle
          Hi,
          I go to the preview of DDL ...
          I assume you are referring to use of the DDL Preview option from the context menu for a Table on the diagram?

Are you running the stand-alone version of Data Modeler, or are you using the Data Modeler features within SQL Developer?
          What version of Data Modeler (or SQL Developer) are you using?

Please can you check whether any errors are reported in the log file.
          For stand-alone Data Modeler, the log file is normally file datamodeler.log in folder datamodeler\datamodeler\log, and
          for SQL Developer, it's normally file datamodeler.log in folder sqldeveloper\sqldeveloper\extensions\oracle.datamodeler\log.

Note that there is a forum specifically for Data Modeler issues: SQL Developer Data Modeler

David