9 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2013 8:47 PM by 993326 RSS

Hide QBE (Query By Example) button from fnd:applicationsTable

Hi,
      There is a property called "featuresOff" under fnd:applicationsTable. I'm trying to remove the QBE button in toolbar and under view menu. May I please know what value should I be providing in "featuresOff" for my requirement?

PS: Just to try, I entered "viewMenu" in featuresOff and it didn't work either.

Thanks,
      Amarnath

Edited by: Amarnath Anand on May 20, 2013 4:04 AM
        • 1. Re: Hide QBE (Query By Example) button from fnd:applicationsTable
          Vik Kumar
          featuresOff only support freeze, detach , wrap and viewMenu options none of which is related to QBE option.
          Looking at How to hide PanelCollection's QBE icon? there seems to be no way to turn it off by some property. The thread suggests to try out skinning.

Hope this helps
          Thanks & Regards !
          Vik

Fusion Apps Developer Relations
          http://blogs.oracle.com/fadevrel

Please mark the response helpful or answered appropriately
          • 2. Re: Hide QBE (Query By Example) button from fnd:applicationsTable
            Hi Vik,
            Thanks for the reply. I had checked that thread earlier, but it says, it shows a blue square box in the place of the QBE button.
            Further, other values like wrap, detach, viewMenu are not working as well with fnd:applicationstable.
            Any thoughts?

Thanks,
            A Amarnath
            • 3. Re: Hide QBE (Query By Example) button from fnd:applicationsTable
              Vik Kumar
              Right that's why I said just a workaround via skinning. There is an internal enhancement due for this featuresOff property to allow this.

wrap, detach and viewMenu should work fine. Do you have a reproducible test case to look into it? Also which version are you on?

Vik
              • 4. Re: Hide QBE (Query By Example) button from fnd:applicationsTable
                Hi Vik,
                Our very own RewardsDetail.jsff page (/oracle/apps/hcm/compensation/workbench/ui/worksheet/page/RewardsDetail.jsff) has a fnd:applicationsTable. Requesting you to please check the featuresoff component here.

And coming back to our issue on qbe, I had found out the ids of QBE toolbar item and QBE menu item. They are "_qbeTbr" and "_qbeMn" respectively. But, using the UIComponent.findComponent API, I'm not able to get the handle of these items. They always return null. There is a hidden panelCollection under the fnd:applicationsTable with the id "_ATp", which is searchable.

To elaborate, the following code to get the handle of _ATp works:
                UIXCollection wrksht = getWorksheetCollection();
                UIComponent wrkshtAppTable = wrksht.getParent().getParent();
                UIComponent pc = wrkshtAppTable.findComponent("_ATp");

But, the following codes to get the handle of qbeTbr (which is under ATp) does not work:
                UIComponent tbr = wrkshtAppTable.findComponent("_qbeTbr");

UIComponent pc = wrkshtAppTable.findComponent("_ATp");
                UIComponent tbr = pc.findComponent("_qbeTbr");

This issue should get resolved if I can get the handle of these QBE items. Any help on this please?

Thanks,
                A Amarnath

Edited by: Amarnath Anand on May 23, 2013 7:06 AM
                • 5. Re: Hide QBE (Query By Example) button from fnd:applicationsTable
                  Any help/suggestion please?

Thanks,
                  A Amarnath
                  • 6. Re: Hide QBE (Query By Example) button from fnd:applicationsTable
                    Vik Kumar
                    Thanks will take a look and update on the featuresOff part.

Regarding getting the handle of internal ids of QBE it is not advisable even if you are able to access. Future versions of ADF might have different ids and thus breaking your code. So, as a rule of thumb do not rely on internal component ids.

Hope this helps
                    Vik
                    • 7. Re: Hide QBE (Query By Example) button from fnd:applicationsTable
                      Hi Vik,
                      I understand your point. But, please be noted that we cannot wait till the ER is completed. Getting the handle and making it rendered false seems to be the quick way out. Even if ORACLE decides to change the id later (chances should be less), the impact would be that the QBE icon would start showing up again. We can keep changing the code until the ER is completed. It'd be great if you could help us getting the handle of these components along with checking out the 'features off' property.

Thanks,
                      A Amarnath
                      • 8. Re: Hide QBE (Query By Example) button from fnd:applicationsTable
                        Vik Kumar
                        Hi Amarnath

Sorry, I cannot advise you any of the non recommended solutions as a workaround. This type of hacks usually turns into bigger problems when developers go ahead and start using these references/ids into managed beans in different scopes etc. or put them into session.

Vik
                        • 9. Re: Hide QBE (Query By Example) button from fnd:applicationsTable
                          Hi Vik,
                          Its really surprising that we are not able to accomplish this simple functionality. Let me raise a SR and see how it goes. Thanks for your time.

Thanks,
                          A Amarnath