1 Reply Latest reply: May 22, 2013 8:55 AM by User535558-OC RSS

OSB Proxy Service routing

User535558-OC
      Hi,

I have a simple Proxy Service which consumes messages from a remote endpoint queue (source queue). The Proxy Service simply routes consumed messages to a Business Service which puts messages into another remote endpoint queue (destination queue).

When I test passing a message to the Proxy Service using the OSB's Test Console, the Proxy Service routes the message to the Business Service okay where the message is then placed into the remote endpoint queue (destination queue) as expected. But, if I put a message into the remote source queue, I can see that the message gets consumed by the Proxy Service but the message remains as 'pending' and, either the Proxy Service does not route the message to the Business Service or, the Business Service does not put the message into the remote destination queue. What could the problem be?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
        • 1. Re: OSB Proxy Service routing
          User535558-OC
          Hello,

Still looking for an answer to this.

Scenario:

When enabled, OSB Proxy Service removes any messages placed in remote endpoint URI queue, but it seems the messages do not flow within the Proxy Service's message flow itself. When the Proxy Service is enabled, the messages in the remote queue get removed but are seen to stay in a 'pending' state. When the Proxy Service is disabled, the messages get put back in the queue. What are the possible reasons as to why messages would not get processed within the Proxy Service's message flow? All the message flow does is, route the messages to a Business service which then sends the messages to another remote endpoint URI queue.

PS: When a message is injected into the Proxy Service via the Test Console, the message flows/routes to Business Service okay without problems so I assume that the problem must lie in the inital remote queue/Proxy Service interface somewhere. Maybe permissions or transaction related issue? But I can't see any hints to anything wrong in configurations or server(s) logs...

Thanks in advance for any help on this.