2 Replies Latest reply: May 21, 2013 2:45 PM by 910429 RSS

Display html data from clob

Hello Experts,

I am storing awr reports in a clob column in a table by calling dbms_workload_respository.awr_report_html procedure and storing the data returned into the clob column along with dbid, start and end snap id in numeric columns. My requirement is to display a drop down of these 3 columns together and based on the selection get the data from clob column and display the awr in html format in the same page or another page. I don't know much of apex, need help on how to accomplish this.

I have searched Oracle Apex forum and tried below 2 things but maybe I am missing something in the process, can someone please help me and tell me how to display html data stored in clob.

https://kr.forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=723735

Displaying CLOB column content with markup

I am using Apex 4 with Oracle 11.1 db.
        • 1. Re: Display html data from clob
          fac586
          >

Please update your forum profile with a real handle instead of "907426".

I am storing awr reports in a clob column in a table by calling dbms_workload_respository.awr_report_html procedure and storing the data returned into the clob column along with dbid, start and end snap id in numeric columns. My requirement is to display a drop down of these 3 columns together and based on the selection get the data from clob column and display the awr in html format in the same page or another page. I don't know much of apex, need help on how to accomplish this.

I have searched Oracle Apex forum and tried below 2 things but maybe I am missing something in the process, can someone please help me and tell me how to display html data stored in clob.

https://kr.forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=723735

Displaying CLOB column content with markup
          Those threads deal with overcoming the 32KB maximum size of an APEX item to make CLOB data available for editing. Simply displaying the contents of a CLOB is much easier. Create a PL/SQL Dynamic Content region that uses <tt>htp.p</tt> to output the CLOB contents. This method also has a maximum output limit of 32K, and the size of the AWR reports will be much larger than this. To safely send CLOB content to the browser it's necessary to buffer the output in chunks of 32K or less as shown in +{message:id=4497571}+.
          • 2. Re: Display html data from clob
            Thanks a lot, now I am able to read from CLOB in chunks and display html report.