2 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2013 11:59 PM by Balaji885 RSS

Issue with MFL Transformation in OSB

User549339-OC
      Hello All-

I am having a tough time resolving this issue in MFL transformation in OSB for transforming a Fixed Length String (Cobol Copybook Format).Following are the details:

1. OSB Proxy Service (Message Type - Text) reads a fixed length string from a JMS Queue. The size of the string is 24715 bytes
      2. In the Message Flow, following actions are executed:
      Assign Action to assign ($body/text()) to a variable
      Log Action to log the Request Message
      Log Action to log the message size to check whether the size of the string data is 24715 bytes
      MFL Transform action to transform the Non-XML String Data to XML by applying it on the contents of the body variable ($body/*).

At run time, the Message Flow errors out with the following error.

============================================================
      *####<May 17, 2013 2:30:50 PM EDT> <Error> <OSB Kernel> <goxsd1604> <osb_server1> <[ACTIVE] ExecuteThread: '3' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default (self-tuning)'> <<anonymous>> <BEA1-7F4806638201DAACCACE> <d2b4601b2fffd9b7:-4c8206d4:13eaba43085:-8000-00000000000031a6> <1368815450753> <BEA-382004> <Failed to process request message for service ProxyService FMOS/ProxyService/PSProcessCISCreateUpdateMessage: com.bea.wli.sb.pipeline.PipelineException: Binary to XML mfl transformation failed for the MFL Resource FMOS/Common/MFL/CISRequestMessage : XQuery expression did not return the non-empty source to apply the mfl transformation.*
      com.bea.wli.sb.pipeline.PipelineException: Binary to XML mfl transformation failed for the MFL Resource FMOS/Common/MFL/CISRequestMessage : XQuery expression did not return the non-empty source to apply the mfl transformation.

I checked the logs and the Proxy Service is correctly reading the Message and it is being correctly logged in the log files and also the size is proper

I also tested the MFL in the Format Tester Tool with the same message that I am passing to the Proxy Service and it works absolutely fine.

If somebody has faced similar issue in MFL in OSB, can you please provide some pointers on how to resolve the issue or let me know whether I am doing anything wrong here. Also I wanted to check if its a known bug

Best Regards,
      Dibya