0 Replies Latest reply: May 26, 2013 9:51 AM by kumar_1302 RSS

Referring shared Java EE library for EAR application in weblogic

kumar_1302
      I have created a shared library with reference to jar files in weblogic server, now I have an EAR application and I want to use the class files from shared library in my web applications present in EAR application. So I have created weblogic-application.xml file inside my ear-app/META-INF/ directory and gave reference to shared library using below tags:

<library-ref>
      <library-name>ebs_endeca_artifacts</library-name>
      </library-ref>

But when I am trying to access the class files in my application, I am getting exception java.lang.ClassNotFoundException

Also it is required for me to refer to the shared library at ear level instead of declaring in weblogic.xml file of individual war files.

If I directly place the same jar files in my ear-app/APP-INF/lib directory instead of using shared library then my application is working fine without any issues.

My shared library structure will be like this:

shared-web-app/WEB-INF/web.xml
      shared-web-app/WEB-INF/lib/projMf.jar

Now the projM.jar ontains META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file
      The contents of MANIFEST file is that it gives reference to various JAR files:

Manifest-Version: 1.0
      Class-Path: ../../../../shared_lib/my_jars/file1.jar ../../../../shared_lib/my_jars/file2.jar

The relative path to jar files is correct.

Please help me how can I use this shared library in my ear application. I am using weblogic server 10.3.6

Edited by: kumar_1302 on May 26, 2013 7:51 AM