This discussion is archived
1 2 Previous Next 20 Replies Latest reply: Jul 29, 2013 9:54 AM by rahgupta Go to original post RSS
  • 15. Re: OEM 12c and OVM 3.2 storage problem
    Iko Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated

What's the generic SCSI plugin version(Should be 1.2.1 or above) and OVM Version? Please provide "Info" perspective screenshot instead of "Physical Disks" perspective for Storage Server.

One more question, do you wish to enable multipath(multiple access hosts) feature for your EMC Storage Server?

Thanks,

Iko

• 16. Re: OEM 12c and OVM 3.2 storage problem
    Kosta2 Newbie

Hi Iko,

Generic SCSI Plugin version is 1.1.0.

OVM version is 3.2.3.521 build 20130321_521.

Screen shot of Info perspective: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2oB7B1h0wo_ZlVFY3JlOWp3dDA/edit?usp=sharing

How to upgrade Generic SCSI plugin?

On my EMC Storage multipath is enabled. Each LUN on storage is accesable thru 4 paths.

Regards,

Kosta

• 17. Re: OEM 12c and OVM 3.2 storage problem
    Iko Newbie

Could you please try to edit Storage Server from OVM side as following steps at first,

a. Select Storage Server, and edit

b. click "Access" Tab, and Delete additional Access Hosts if more than one host (only keep one access host for Storage Server).

c. click "Ok" to complete edit Storage Server

then try to provision/deploy VM from EM side, check if this workaround works.

Thanks,

Iko

• 18. Re: OEM 12c and OVM 3.2 storage problem
    rahgupta Newbie

Hi,

can you please elaborate on what did you meant by? with some specific issues you were facing?

>>

(with previous version of plug-in managing repository was impossible)

>>

Thanks,
    Rahul

• 19. Re: OEM 12c and OVM 3.2 storage problem
    Kosta2 Newbie

Hi Raman,

With VT plugin 12.1.0.4 I have the problem described in my original emal:

2. Second problem is related with previous one. From Infrastructure home page: when OVM manager is selected and from the menu if I click on: Administration->Storage, then the following error message appear:

An error was encountered while attempting to get the Storage Servers list. Please see logs for detail.

Now with plug-in 12.1.0.5, storage administration page is accessible and I can manage storage thru EM but provisioning virtual machine from self service console is not possible (please look at my post from 23 july).

Obviously problem is with plug-in when accessing multiple access servers. I will try to eliminate all access hosts, except one (as Iko suggest), but this is not solution because accessing storage thru only one path is not a good idea.

Regards,

Kosta

• 20. Re: OEM 12c and OVM 3.2 storage problem
    rahgupta Newbie

Hi Kosta,

Thanks for your feedback. For the issue faced during provisioning we are fixing the issue in PS3 release of EM.

Thanks,
    Rahul

1 2 Previous Next

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points