1 Reply Latest reply: May 22, 2013 11:46 PM by Simon Greener RSS

Tiling Methods

I am trying to tile a "rectangle like polygon into multiple rectangle like polygons. I have been using sdo_sam.tiled_bins and am hitting an issue when the polygons are not very rectangular. The tiled bins rountine is using a MBR to tile the poygon and then I clip the created tiles to the actual polygon shape. When I do the clipping, I end up with some narrow triangular pieces at times which violates my requirement. This is geodetic data using 8307 srid and I have not seen any other tiling method in the documentation. I am thinking of using the sdo_util bearing functions to do my own tiling but wanted to know if anyone was aware of any other built in tiling features that can handle tilted polygons

Thanks
      Carlisle
        • 1. Re: Tiling Methods
          Simon Greener
          Carlisle,

Could you please provide some data with your question?

Here is an article I wrote on linestrings [Gridding and Tiling|http://www.spatialdbadvisor.com/oracle_spatial_tips_tricks/259/gridding-a-geo-object-oracle] and polygons in Oracle.

If this is what you are after, go to my website and download the free pl/sql packages as it is the TESSELATE package that provides the Morton and RegularGridXY functions.

If this is what you are after, and it works for you, please award points.

regards
          Simon