10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 6, 2013 1:39 AM by RafaLabarta RSS

Error editing data file, unable to load Region Definition

RafaLabarta
      Hello

I'm getting a parseException when I try to edit a data file from UCM.

The steps followed are:
           1- Create an element definition at Site Studio
           2 - Create a Region Definition refering to the Element Definition
           3 - Create a Content in UCM. Double checked that the region definition and the web site are set. The content of the primary file is:
                <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
                <wcm:root xmlns:wcm="http://www.stellent.com/wcm-data/ns/8.0.0" version="8.0.0.0">
                </wcm:root>
           4 - Open the content info and click "Edit data file". Then two pop-up window are showed:
                     A. The contributor pop-up displays a blank page with title containing "'idcService' parameter not found"
                     B. new Page displays the next message:
                          Unable to perform the action due to the following reasons:
                          [+] The Region Definition could not be loaded. The Region Definition 'RD_REGION_ID' could not be loaded. [...] The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed. org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.

I've checked the region definition and everything seems correct to me:
           Web browser displays the xml correctly when I open it from "Web Location".
           I've checked the syntax with Notepad++ XML Tools plugin and the result is "No error detected".
           I've also checked the file with hex editor and everything seems to be right.
      Same tests for the primary file

Both contents, the region definition and the dataFile, are accesible and editable from Site Studio.

UCM server LOG:
           -translated-
           Could not load 'RD_REGION_ID' of Region Definition. Error parsing Region Definition at line 1, column 2.
           -end of translated log-

Error: The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed. org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.. [ Detalles ]

!csSSWebsiteObjectLoadError,Region Definition,RD_REGION_ID!csSSWebsiteObjectSaxParseException,Region Definition,1,2,The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.!syJavaExceptionWrapper,org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.
           org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document preceding the root element must be well-formed.
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:174)
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(XMLErrorReporter.java:388)
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(XMLScanner.java:1414)
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:925)
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLDocumentScannerImpl.java:648)
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.java:140)
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.java:510)
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:807)
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:107)
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:225)
                at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:283)
                at weblogic.xml.jaxp.RegistryDocumentBuilder.parse(RegistryDocumentBuilder.java:163)
           [...]

Server:
           Version:11gR1-11.1.1.4.0-idcprod1-101229T001824 (Build:7.3.0.180)
           Database Type:Oracle
           Database Version:11.2.0.2.0 ---Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release --- - Production With the Partitioning,
      Site Studio Info:
           Component Build Version: 11.0.0.648
           Disable Contribution: False
           Web Site Object Type Field: xWebsiteObjectType
           Web Sites Field: xWebsites
           Web Site Section Field: xWebsiteSection
           Do not Show In Lists For Web Sites Field: xDontShowInListsForWebsites
           Region Definition Field: xRegionDefinition
           Contributor Console Enabled: True
           Designer Version: 11.1.1.4.0
        • 1. Re: Error editing data file, unable to load Region Definition
          RafaLabarta
          More information:

Opening the content information page
          When I open the file from the "web location" link, the browser (chrome) displays the xml, but a warning message is shown:
          "This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

The URL shown when the mouse cursor is over the "web location" link shows a path to a file with hcst extension. If I download the file with the "native file" link, the name of the file is "Error-v#" instead the true name of the file stored at content server. That behavior is the same for both the data file and the region definition. This is the log trace generated by downloading the file.

intradoc.common.ServiceException: !csSSFailedNoPrimaryUrlForNodeId,Inicio,2
          *ScriptStack SS_GET_PAGE
          3:getPage,**no captured values**
          at sitestudio.SSFileServiceHandler.doGetPageError(Unknown Source)
          at sitestudio.SSFileServiceHandler.getPage(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1472.invoke(Unknown Source)
          at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
          at intradoc.server.ServiceHandler.executeAction(ServiceHandler.java:79)
          [...]

Edited by: Rafa Labarta on 23-may-2013 9:24

Edited by: Rafa Labarta on 23-may-2013 23:20
          • 2. Re: Error editing data file, unable to load Region Definition
            Hi Rafa,

I think you are not using the service properly. When you create the RD, then you need to link the content you have created in Content Server, after opening the page created in site studio.

Follow the below steps:
            1. Open the page created in SS, in Contribution mode.
            2. Then edit the RD, and then link the Content created in Content server to that page.

If this doesnt works, then probably you need to create Region templates linked o it, and the placeholders for it and then place this placeholder on your page, and then follow step 2 mentioned above. It will load the content on that area on the page..

Let me know if this doesnt works.....

Cheers...
            • 3. Re: Error editing data file, unable to load Region Definition
              RafaLabarta
              Hi

Thanks for replying.

I'm not using Site Studio pages at all. I'm just checking-in a new content in Oracle Content Server with web site object type "Data File" and the region definition created at Site Studio. So, once the content is checked-in, I'm trying to edit the data file and then the error appears.

Regards
              • 4. Re: Error editing data file, unable to load Region Definition
                Srinath Menon-Oracle
                Hi ,

Try this :

Navigate to UCM - Browse Web Content - Check in Web Asset - Select the RD which you want to use / link - create the Data file (there is no need to set the data file type now, it is set by system) and complete the check-in .

Once this is done then from Content Information Page - Edit Data file and see if the same issue shows up .

Thanks,
                Srinath
                • 5. Re: Error editing data file, unable to load Region Definition
                  RafaLabarta
                  Hi Srinath

Thaks for reply,

Sorry, maybe I'm not being able to explain my steps correctly. I think that what you are telling me it's what I'm doing (but stablishing the data file as web object type):
                       New check-in with the profile I've defined, selecting the region definition created from site studio, adding a primary file (the text is included on my first post) and, after doing the check-in, when I try to edit the data file the error appears.

The profile I use contains the "SiteStudio_edit" rule defined when the Site Studio component is activated and another with the rest of the metadata fields that I need.

I would like to re-mark that the url shown when I pass the mouse cursor over the "web location" link is pointing to a hcst file, instead the xml that I've created.

Regards
                  • 6. Re: Error editing data file, unable to load Region Definition
                    Srinath Menon-Oracle
                    Hi,

Do you have webless storage rule defined ?

Thanks,
                    Srinath
                    • 7. Re: Error editing data file, unable to load Region Definition
                      RafaLabarta
                      Thanks again Srinath,

Are you meaning to the File Store Configuration? It is using the default storage rule, the "Is Webless file store" chekbox is unchecked.

Cheers
                      • 8. Re: Error editing data file, unable to load Region Definition
                        Srinath Menon-Oracle
                        Hi ,

Can we have a web conference to see the exact issue which you are facing ? Drop me an e-mail and we can schedule a webex session .

Thanks,
                        Srinath
                        • 9. Re: Error editing data file, unable to load Region Definition
                          RafaLabarta
                          Hi,

I've tested to obtain the content of the UCM from a webcenter portal server, I create a new Navigation Item of type "Content Item", when I choose any document from the UCM I'm getting the next trace:
                          java.lang.NullPointerException
                                    at oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.RegionUtils.getRegionHierarchyStringRecurse(RegionUtils.java:675)
                                    at oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.RegionUtils.getRegionHierarchyStringRecurse(RegionUtils.java:700)
                                    at oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.RegionUtils.getRegionHierarchyStringRecurse(RegionUtils.java:700)
                                    at oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.RegionUtils.getRegionHierarchyStringRecurse(RegionUtils.java:715)
                                    at oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.RegionUtils.getRegionHierarchyString(RegionUtils.java:647)
                                    at oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.RegionUtils.getTaskFlowId(RegionUtils.java:577)

oracle.adf.controller.ControllerException: ADFC-14014: Task flow binding active attribute evaluated to null, binding='pickerWrapper1'.
                               at oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.DCTaskFlowBinding.getConditionalActivationValue(DCTaskFlowBinding.java:974)
                               at oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.TaskFlowRegionController.refreshRegion(TaskFlowRegionController.java:84)
                               at oracle.adf.model.binding.DCBindingContainer.internalRefreshControl(DCBindingContainer.java:3211)
                               at oracle.adf.model.binding.DCBindingContainer.refresh(DCBindingContainer.java:2883)

java.lang.NullPointerException
                               at oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.RegionUtils.getRegionHierarchyStringRecurse(RegionUtils.java:675)
                               at oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.RegionUtils.getRegionHierarchyStringRecurse(RegionUtils.java:715)
                               at oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.RegionUtils.getRegionHierarchyString(RegionUtils.java:647)
                               at oracle.adf.controller.internal.binding.RegionUtils.getTaskFlowId(RegionUtils.java:577)

I don't know if the reason for this error is the same or there are other causes involved

Regards,
                          Rafa
                          • 10. Re: Error editing data file, unable to load Region Definition
                            RafaLabarta
                            Finanlly, the problem was due to the conversion.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17904_01/doc.1111/e10800/c02_ibr_all.htm#CBHDAADE

I've set to false the IndexVaultFile, check-out and check in the XML files (Element definition, Region Definition, Data files, Templates, ...) and now everything it's working.

Regards,
                            Rafa