4 Replies Latest reply on May 31, 2013 11:09 PM by DBA_EBiz_EBS

Accessing oracle apps from anywhere on the internet

Hello,

I have oracle apps R12.1.1 up and running on linux 6.3. I have disabled the firewall on linux.
      I am able to access apps from windows clients on the same network after updating the host files.
      I would however like to access the url form anywhere on the internet.
      How can I achieve this?
      Please advise.
      Thanks.

Edited by: 1006947 on May 23, 2013 8:32 AM
        • 1. Re: Accessing oracle apps from anywhere on the internet
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          You have two options here:

Option 1) Use real IP Address (not secure/recommended) -- How to change the IP Address on a R12 EBusiness Suite Installation [ID 554843.1]

Option 2) Use DMZ (secure but expensive) -- Oracle E-Business Suite R12 Configuration in a DMZ [ID 380490.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Accessing oracle apps from anywhere on the internet
            Thanks.

I have requested my internet service provider for static ip and I now have static ip.
            I have restarted the services. But I still not able to access apps publicly.
            I will go through the links you recommended again to see if it has something I am looking for.
            Thanks.

Edited by: 1007858 on May 24, 2013 6:54 AM

Edited by: 1007858 on May 24, 2013 6:59 AM
            • 3. Re: Accessing oracle apps from anywhere on the internet
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              1007858 wrote:
              Thanks.

I have requested my internet service provider for static ip and I now have static ip.
              I will go through the links you recommended again to see if it has something I am looking for.
              Thanks.

Edited by: 1007858 on May 24, 2013 6:54 AM

Edited by: 1007858 on May 24, 2013 6:59 AM
              Please make sure you can ping your new server IP Address (hostname.domainname) from the internet. Also, please make sure you have the firewall disabled (or add exception rules).

Thanks,
              Hussein
              • 4. Re: Accessing oracle apps from anywhere on the internet
                DBA_EBiz_EBS
                >
                Thanks.
                >

Hi,

Have you checked if you can get through the port 8000+port pool? From a test pc outside your network go to the command prompt and do the following:

telnet servername.xyz.com 8010 (in this example port pool is 10 and notice there is a space before 8010)

if your screen turns blank then you are okay otherwise there is some firewall issue - most likely you will need the port opened up with your service provider. By default they open up 443 (ssl/https) and 80 (http) ports only.

Hope this helps.

Regards,