1 Reply Latest reply: May 24, 2013 2:40 PM by tbrinkmann RSS

OVM server Reboot

Dear Gurus,

I would like to get clear some of my doubts regarding Oracle VM server.
      Actually i am very new to OVM and we are having a OVM setup and the ovm version is 3.2. We are having a server pool having two servers.

Doubts :

1. During the creation of server pool it was asking us to point to a repository, however after shown of Repository i unable to seem them for further use and i had to create another Repository in order to host the iso, templates and VM disks ets. Where does it gone or does it used for pool hearbeat ?

2. Can't we use the the ISO's already exported from other NFS servers so that we can simply mount the iso for installation of VMs like in VMWARE.

3. after creation of server pool we had created couple of Test VM and were trying to reboot the OVM server so that the VM can move across the physical boxes for fail over. However during the OVM server reboot my VM actually reboots instead of Live migration. According to Oracle documentation they say either i have to put the OVM server in Maintenance Mode or i need to move the VMs manually. also it says the vms either will reboot or migrate online. in my case VMs are getting reboot and moves to other available server.

Please clear my doubts so that i can learn further about OVM and able to explain it to customer.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: OVM server Reboot
          tbrinkmann
          >
          1. During the creation of server pool it was asking us to point to a repository, however after shown of Repository i unable to seem them for further use and i had to create another Repository in order to host the iso, templates and VM disks ets. Where does it gone or does it used for pool hearbeat ?
          Yes .... from the documentation you will get...min 12GB only for headbeat

*T