This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: May 28, 2013 7:31 AM by 922438 RSS

Probem in creating Solaris 10 branded zone on Solaris 11.0

922438 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

I'm creating a zone on HP Blade with Solaris 11.0 using VM template Solaris 10u10 (x86).

I haven't /etc/defaultrouter file, my Solaris 11 is 11/11 and not Express version.

The error shows that variable used for temporary directory is lost. It's very strange because I completed 5 installations in the same way without any problem. But two last just are stopping with this error:

./setupSysidcfgStaticIP[50]: America/Montreal/sysidcfg.VL-VM-LD104: cannot create [No such file or directory]
cp: cannot access America/Montreal/sysidcfg.VL-VM-LD104
chmod: WARNING: can't access America/Montreal/sysidcfg.VL-VM-LD104

The "setupSysidcfgStaticIP" script is one of the many in the image which runs the creation of sysidcfg-file for the zone. It has 9 arguments to run:

CONT=$1
ZONEPATH=$2
NIC=$3
IP_ADDR=$4
NETMASK=$5
DEFROUT=$6
PASSWD=$7
TZONE=$8
TMPDIR=$9

The sysidcfg-filename is calculated as SYSIDCFG=$TMPDIR/sysidcfg.$CONT <- here is the error, the $TMPDIR fails

After that the script creates the file and renames it:
/usr/bin/rm -rf $SYSIDCFG
/usr/bin/sed -e s/RzoneR/$CONT/ $_tktHome/conf/sysidcfgStaticIP |\
/usr/bin/sed -e s/RnicR/$NIC/ |\
/usr/bin/sed -e s/RnetmaskR/$NETMASK/ |\
/usr/bin/sed -e s/RdefaultrouterR/$DEFROUT/ |\
/usr/bin/sed -e s/Rip_addrR/$IP_ADDR/ |\
/usr/bin/sed -e s]RtimezoneR]$TZONE] |\
/usr/bin/sed -e s]RpasswdR]$PASSWD] >> $SYSIDCFG
/usr/bin/cp $SYSIDCFG $ZONEPATH/root/etc/sysidcfg
/usr/bin/chmod 777 $SYSIDCFG

The tmpdir is created and used in main script but it fails in the subroutine. I don't understand why it was used before without any problem and now it fails. I spent yesterday about 6 hours to debug it but still don't have any idea how to fix it.

I use the image solaris-10u10-x86.bin .

I cannot use the newer image solaris-10u11-x86.bin (which works perfectly) because it isn't certified for our production and the set of servers needs to be installed with the same patch level.

Any help will be appreciated!

Vlad

Edited by: 919435 on May 24, 2013 5:56 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points