myluism wrote:Well, not necessarily, there are other ways ]:)
Yes... but some day you have to upgrade ....!
but some day you have to upgradeWe are not going to upgrade for sure. Even if one or two customers are willing to move to 11g, it will be too costly for us to do the upgrade and maintain 6i and 11g versions.
For some countries this is big money.For a country with a total population of 145,000 (i.e. my country) Weblogic is way too expensive for most companies indeed.
InoL wrote:you have to use the square bracket:
Christian, how do you get the devil icon? I must use it more often B-)
Today 17.8.2013 I managed - works for me: Forms6i & R6i on Oracle 11XE 32 bit, Windows 8 64 bit.
1. Installation order: F6i & R6i, patch 18, DB 11XE
2. Login in forms builder & runtime works tnsnames.ora - equal content in files below :
3. C:\orant\BIN\NN60.dll 2.1.2001 instead 27.2.2004 (patch 18)
C:\orant\BIN\NNB60.dll 2.1.2001 instead 27.2.2004 (patch 18)
Older dll-s enable:
1. run report from form runtime (rep from fmx)
2. run form from forms builder (fmx from fmb)
4. I had to restart PC few times - after every installation.