2 Replies Latest reply: May 29, 2013 9:27 AM by GoodfireGeorge RSS

What Book for the new 1Z0-117 '11gR2 SQL Tuning' ? No OPC available yet.

GoodfireGeorge
      Since 1Z0-117 '11gR2 SQL Tuning' is a new exam on beta yet, except Mathew Morris's summary is there a comprehensive Exam Reference Guide like OPC Oracle Experts Exam Guide ?

Is the +"*Oracle Press Database 11g Release 2 Performance Tuning Tips & Techniques*"+ sufficient ?

Or I just can look at the Covered Topics and study them from it and other resources ?

Thank you
        • 1. Re: What Book for the new 1Z0-117 '11gR2 SQL Tuning' ? No OPC available yet.
          Matthew Morris
          There is no other book specific to the test beyond my guide out yet. The Oracle Press book you mention is more directed at server tuning than SQL tuning. My site has a bunch of links to articles on the web for relevant topics:

http://www.oraclecertificationprep.com/apex/f?p=OCPSG:EXAM_DETAILS:0::NO::P2_EXAM:1Z0-117

There are also links to two books there, Oracle Database 11g R2: SQL Tuning and Pro Oracle SQL. I have not read either, but they were the only books I could locate that seemed to cover a reasonable number of topics from the exam.

The site also contains links to the oracle documentation, including the Performance Tuning Guide, VLDB and Partitioning Guide, and Data Warehousing Guide -- all of which contain significant amounts of the tested material.
          • 2. Re: What Book for the new 1Z0-117 '11gR2 SQL Tuning' ? No OPC available yet.
            GoodfireGeorge
            Hmm understood.I will have to map the Sources Topics to the Exams Topics than just having a "served food", like an ordinary exam, its fair enough.

Its just the concepts concerned are many and many are complex, so specifially here I would require a specially fit OPC book like for SQL Expert.
            Luckily I'd oredered yours at least.

See SQL Experts, I found the topics quite affordable and I advance quick about 1-2 chapters + Sumed Revision per day, and without questions or errors.

I guess because of
            1.the OPC Book
            2. since my curent internship is on SQL Analysis
            3. my Thesis was creating an essential DBMS in C++ with embeded SQL Parser and PhP ODBC driver from Scratch

So I may try start having a look at SQL Tunning also, thus I dont think I could really achieve in paralel preparing for both and with the Internship also.

Thank you very much once again.