11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2013 11:00 AM by Chrisjenkins-Oracle RSS

Errors in Timesten Client on windows 64 bit

user10366531
      Hi ,

I am installing Times-ten Client on 64 but windows machine.It is installed successfully.
      The ODBC connection is also done successfully with Timesten Server.

Now i am trying to up my appication with Timesten URL .

i have change required JDBC url and Driver with timesten string.

while Up the appication

i am getting below errors :

2013-05-29 12:23:08,635 [main] [TRACE] [ CM_SERCONF ] : org.jboss.util.NestedSQLException: Unable to get managed connection for OfflineDS; - nested throwable: (javax.resource.ResourceException: Unable to get managed connection for OfflineDS)

kindly suggest me how i can resolve this
        • 1. Re: Errors in Timesten Client on windows 64 bit
          user10366531
          can anyone known this error?
          • 2. Re: Errors in Timesten Client on windows 64 bit
            Chrisjenkins-Oracle
            Can you please elaborate on your setup:

1. Is this a simple Java program running in a standalone JVM? If so please provide actual code examples of how you are trying to open the connection.

2. Or is this configured within an AppServer (such as WebLogic or similar)? If so please provide full details of which AppServer (including version) and exactly how you have configured the Timesten connectivity. Please also confirm that you have consulted the documentation covering this located on this page: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/timesten/documentation/index.html and that your setup corresponds to what is detailed therein.

Thanks,

Chris
            • 3. Re: Errors in Timesten Client on windows 64 bit
              user10366531
              Following sample java program which is connecting to Times ten

-------------

import java.sql.*;

public class oracletest {
              public static void main(String[] args) {
              // TODO Auto-generated method stub

try {
                        Class.forName("com.timesten.jdbc.TimesTenDriver");

String serverName="192.168.1.196";
              String user="scott";
              String password="tiger";
              String SID="ttocsdev";
              String URL="jdbc:timesten:client:dsn=ttocsdev";
              Connection conn=DriverManager.getConnection(URL, user, password);
              String SQL="select ddf.bankid hbankid,gb.strbatchcustom2 BANKNAME, ddf.jrxmlfile, ddf.dbview, ddf.format, ddf.strcustom1 CSVDELIMITER, ddf.exportfilepath from TBLTGENERATEDBATCH gb , tbltdirectdebitfileextension ddf where gb.strbatchcustom3 = ddf.bankid and gb.generatedbatchid='BCH000000003'";
              Statement stat=conn.createStatement();
              ResultSet rs=stat.executeQuery(SQL);
              while (rs.next()){
                   String strcontent=rs.getString("hbankid");
              System.out.println(strcontent);

}

stat.close();
                             conn.close();
                        } catch (Exception e) {
                             // TODO Auto-generated catch block
                             e.printStackTrace();
                        }

}
              }

-------------------------------------------------

Errors

java.sql.SQLException: Problems with loading native library/missing methods: C:\TimesTen\tt1122_64\bin\ttJdbcCS1122.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
              at com.timesten.jdbc.JdbcOdbcConnection.connect(JdbcOdbcConnection.java:1794)
              at com.timesten.jdbc.TimesTenDriver.connect(TimesTenDriver.java:303)
              at com.timesten.jdbc.TimesTenDriver.connect(TimesTenDriver.java:159)
              at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
              at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:185)
              at oracletest.main(oracletest.java:26)
              • 4. Re: Errors in Timesten Client on windows 64 bit
                Chrisjenkins-Oracle
                Do you have C:\TimesTen\tt1122_64\bin in your PATH? Are you using a 64-bit JVM?

Chris
                • 5. Re: Errors in Timesten Client on windows 64 bit
                  user10366531
                  Yes we are using 64 bit JVM.
                  • 6. Re: Errors in Timesten Client on windows 64 bit
                    Chrisjenkins-Oracle
                    And again; do you have C:\TimesTen\tt1122_64\bin in your PATH? And is this a proper TimesTen installation as opposed to something copied from another machine?

The error clearly indicates that the system is unable to locate some other DLLs that the native code shim library, ttJdbcCS1122.dll, depends on. These could be other TimesTen libraries but all necessary ones should be located in C:\TimesTen\tt1122_64\bin. Alternatively, it could be other libraries such as the MSVC runtime libraries. What is the exact version of TimesTen you have here (output of ttVersion command)? And what version of Windows are you running this on exactly?

Chris
                    • 7. Re: Errors in Timesten Client on windows 64 bit
                      user10366531
                      What is the exact version of TimesTen you have here (output of ttVersion command)?

TimesTen Release 11.2.2.4.2 (64 bit NT) (tt1122_64:0) 2012-11-18T18:37:29Z

And what version of Windows are you running this on exactly?

And Window : 64 Bit

Edited by: user10366531 on Jun 3, 2013 2:18 AM
                      • 8. Re: Errors in Timesten Client on windows 64 bit
                        user10366531
                        I am getting below error

[org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool] (main) Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
                        org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Specified driver could not be loaded, shared library version mismatch for [ttJdbcCS1122]. Expected version=11.2.2.2.0; loaded version=11.2.2.4.2)
                        • 9. Re: Errors in Timesten Client on windows 64 bit
                          Chrisjenkins-Oracle
                          This is a different error to the one you reported previously...

It seems you have a messed up install, or have been manually copying around jar files and DLLs.

You have an 11.2.2.2.0 JDBC driver and native shim library (ttJDBC1122.dll) trying to work with an 11.2.2.4.2 install. This cannot happen through any normal means; it does seem like you may have been manually copying around DLLS and jar files?

I would recommend that you uninstall TimesTen, make sure you remove all TimesTen jar files and/or DLLS that you may have copied elsewhere ion your machine, install the latest timesTen version (now 11.2.2.5.0) and ensure your environment (PATH, CLASSPATH) include the <tt_install_dir>/bin directory. You should be fine then.

Chris
                          • 10. Re: Errors in Timesten Client on windows 64 bit
                            user10366531
                            My timesten server version is 11.2.2.2.0

Where client version is TimesTen Release 11.2.2.4.1 this can be create a problem ?
                            • 11. Re: Errors in Timesten Client on windows 64 bit
                              Chrisjenkins-Oracle
                              No, an 11.2.2.4.1 client works fine with an 11.2.2.2.0 server (though 11.2.2.2.0 is quite old and I'd recommend you to upgrade it). The problem you have is that on the same machine your TimesTen install appears to be some kind of mix of 11.2.2.2.0 and 11.2.2.4.2 (based on the error message). That is your problem...

Chris