9 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2013 11:09 PM by user1715764 RSS

EDI VAN Implementation

user1715764
      Looking for some references on VAN implementation in Oracle B2B . Its an EDI transaction & wanted to understand how to send EDI transaction to VAN which will than send data to destination partner.

So transaction will be like

For Outbound :Host --> VAN --> Partner X
      VAN will be identified based on AS2 identifier for outbound , however how to generate ISA segment which will correspond to the destination partner X ? I am assuming to use Internal-Properties to dynamically generate ISA & GS segments from backend data & send it to B2B from soa composite to override ISA segments generated by B2B. Is there any other way of VAN implementation in Oracle B2B so that B2B auto generating ISA & GS segments.

Thanks,
        • 1. Re: EDI VAN Implementation
          Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
          For VAN implementation, it is recommend to use internal properties to override the envelope parameter values at runtime. Given that you may use same VAN to send messages to n number of TP's, it won't be possible to configure B2B for it however using internal properties, you may easily pass the envelope parameter values to B2B and at runtime it will generate the envelope accordingly.
          Is there any other way of VAN implementation in Oracle B2B so that B2B auto generating ISA & GS segments.
          B2B will still auto-generate the ISA and GS segments. You will just pass the values to be filled through internal properties.

Regards,
          Anuj
          • 2. Re: EDI VAN Implementation
            user1715764
            Thanks Very much Anuj. I implemented it in SOA Composite & outbound looks good.

What will be the inbound logic for the same. So flow will be from partner X --> VAN --> Host . We tried adding multiple EDI identifiers to VAN profile in host B2B , but we cannot add multiple identifiers at the agreement level for same document coming from multiple partners through VAN.

Also how can b2b generate SENDER information in 997 for the inbound document it received. I could not make it work with B2B configurations . Do we need to write another composite to generate 997 ?

Thanks in advance!.
            • 3. Re: EDI VAN Implementation
              user1715764
              I was able to have sender information in 997 by making Functional Ack Internal Properties property to true for it to use properties from the inbound document it received.
              But i could not validate ISA & GS segments for the incoming document from VAN ,as it requires identifiers to be configured in VAN agreement , but I cannot specify multiple identifiers in same agreement . How can we validate incoming document from VAN?
              • 4. Re: EDI VAN Implementation
                Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
                I was able to have sender information in 997 by making Functional Ack Internal Properties property to true for it to use properties from the inbound document it received.
                Yes, that's the correct way of doing it.
                How can we validate incoming document from VAN?
                Add all the possible valid identifiers in corresponding TP profiles and at runtime, B2B will validate the envelope against the identifiers added in the profile. Do not add the identifiers in the agreement.

Regards,
                Anuj
                • 5. Re: EDI VAN Implementation
                  user1715764
                  Thanks Anuj.

Add all the possible valid identifiers in corresponding TP profiles and at runtime, B2B will validate the envelope against the identifiers added in the profile. Do not add the identifiers in the agreement.

This does not work. To explain it better , here is what i did.

Created TP VAN in B2B with agreement . Created TP X in B2B with no agreements. When inbound request comes in From VAN , agreement in VAN gets picked up , but if i don't use any identifiers in agreement B2B throws below error:

+Validation of Interchange parameters failed. Please verify all the Interchange parameters in the B2B configuration match the Interchange parameters in the message. Following parameters are not matching with the configured parameters in B2B. key = [InterchangeSenderQual] value = [12] param = [null]+

Even if i specify all these identifiers in VAN profile , B2B does not picks up at run time & throws above error.
                  • 6. Re: EDI VAN Implementation
                    Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
                    It must work. It seems there is some gap in understanding.
                    Created TP X in B2B with no agreements.
                    Why you created TP X? Why is it required and what role it has to play?

Which EDI doc and version are you using? What is your exact B2B version?
                    [InterchangeSenderQual] value = [12] param = [null]
                    You mean that you have already added identifier "EDI Interchange ID Qualifier" in profile of VAN TP with value 12 and still you are getting above validation error? If yes, then can you add this identifier in the agreement,redeploy the agreement and run a test again? Please let me know the result of this test.

Regards,
                    Anuj
                    • 7. Re: EDI VAN Implementation
                      user1715764
                      TP X was created just for informative purpose . It is just a dummy partner with no actions .

This is for EDI 856 , 5010 nbound on B2B 11G (11.1.1.6).

Yes I added "EDI Interchange ID Qualifier" in TP profile but it does not work. Adding it to agreement definitely works , but than we cannot add multiple identifiers in agreement , so it does not serve the purpose of VAN.
                      • 8. Re: EDI VAN Implementation
                        Anuj Dwivedi--Oracle
                        Can you send your B2B export with EDI files which you are using for testing, to my id (in my profile)?

Regards,
                        Anuj
                        • 9. Re: EDI VAN Implementation
                          user1715764

Thanks Anuj. Sorry I could not respond back earlier . We came across a different approach for the solution.