4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2013 4:35 PM by Mike Kutz RSS

Not Able to Print in PDF Format Apex

we are not able to print in pdf format with using a template, if we use default layout we are getting a pdf output,

Can any one please help me on this issue....

Thanks
      Malleswar
        • 1. Re: Not Able to Print in PDF Format Apex
          Udo
          Hello Malleswar,
          we are not able to print in pdf format with using a template, if we use default layout we are getting a pdf output,
          If your scenario with APEX Listener is generally capable of producing a PDF when using a working template, than the error is very likely to be in your template, not in APEX Listener.
          If that's the case, you'll probably find more people with experiences on how to build custom xsl-templates into your APEX application in the APEX forum: {forum:id=137}.
          If you decide to post there (or even if you think it's better to continue here), please provide information on your APEX and APEX Listener version and whether you see some error information in APEX Listeners log when trying your own template or not. If you don't see anything there right now, enabling debug mode will make the log more verbose and probably provide a hint on which part of your template can't be processed properly by the FOP built into APEX Listener.

-Udo
          • 2. Re: Not Able to Print in PDF Format Apex
            My apex listener version is *2.0* and apex version is *4.2.2*. And the is PDF is opening with a message "could not open because the file is not supported or damaged". Or sometimes we are getting error like this "The xml page cannot be displayed, Cannot view xml input using style sheet , Please correct the error and then click the refresh button, or try again later".

We tried xsl template also but i am not able print PDF format...

Edited by: 867858 on May 31, 2013 4:41 AM

Edited by: 867858 on May 31, 2013 4:42 AM
            • 3. Re: Not Able to Print in PDF Format Apex
              Udo
              And the is PDF is opening with a message "could not open because the file is not supported or damaged". Or sometimes we are getting error like this "The xml page cannot be displayed, Cannot view xml input using style sheet , Please correct the error and then click the refresh button, or try again later".
              These seem to be client-based error messages. Is there anything in APEX Listener's log file when these errors occur?
              And have you ever taken a look into the broken PDF file by using a text viewer/editor?

-Udo
              • 4. Re: Not Able to Print in PDF Format Apex
                Mike Kutz
                867858 wrote:
                "could not open because the file is not supported or damaged".
                I've seen this message before while having a lot of columns and/or larger number of rows of data.

When I saved the file and open it up in Word Pad, I could see some error text. (i forgot exactly what the error was)

If you see an error there, post here also.

MK