3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 7, 2013 5:38 PM by dsurber RSS

Iam using Oracle 11.2.0.3 with Liferay and getting exception.

Below are the thread dumps which provide the error related to oracle database.
      Can anybody provide the suggestion on the issue. Any suggestions are welcome.

As per my assumption it is related to the oracle driver or network issue.

Please let me know any other data is required?

"Resource Destroyer in BasicResourcePool.close()" prio=10 tid=0x00007f134848c000 nid=0x6fee waiting for monitor entry [0x00007f14d0747000]
      java.lang.Thread.State: BLOCKED (on object monitor)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.close(OracleStatement.java:1559)
      - waiting to lock <0x00007f1560d94600> (a oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatementWrapper.close(OracleStatementWrapper.java:94)
      at oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.close(OraclePreparedStatementWrapper.java:80)
      at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewPooledConnection.cleanupUncachedStatements(NewPooledConnection.java:651)
      at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewPooledConnection.close(NewPooledConnection.java:539)
      at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewPooledConnection.close(NewPooledConnection.java:234)
      - locked <0x00007f1560d99678> (a com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.NewPooledConnection)
      at com.mchange.v2.c3p0.impl.C3P0PooledConnectionPool$1PooledConnectionResourcePoolManager.destroyResource(C3P0PooledConnectionPool.java:470)
      at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$1DestroyResourceTask.run(BasicResourcePool.java:964)
      at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.destroyResource(BasicResourcePool.java:989)
      at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool.access$100(BasicResourcePool.java:32)
      at com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.BasicResourcePool$5.run(BasicResourcePool.java:1174)

Locked ownable synchronizers:
      - None

• 1. Re: Iam using Oracle 11.2.0.3 with Liferay and getting exception.
          gimbal2
          1008853 wrote:
          Can anybody provide the suggestion on the issue. Any suggestions are welcome.
          Okay. Find a Liferay forum. The website is probably a good place to start.
          • 2. Re: Iam using Oracle 11.2.0.3 with Liferay and getting exception.
            I have posted in Liferay forum also.

But they informed to post in Oracle forum.
            As i have done research it seems issue is related to the oracle database or drivers.

Let me know any details you want from my side.

Hope any positive suggestions.
            • 3. Re: Iam using Oracle 11.2.0.3 with Liferay and getting exception.
              dsurber
              I don't even know what Liferay is. For what that's worth.

Almost certainly two threads are trying to poke the connection at the same time. Clearly one is trying to close the connection. That's the stack trace in the original post. There is probably another thread that is doing something else with the connection, like executing a query or some such. The stack trace looks like some kind of post-error cleanup code. In that case, maybe the connection is dead and the other thread is hung waiting for TCP timeout. That's typically 15 minutes by default. It's better to call abort to clean up possibly dead connections. abort won't hang but close can for various reasons. close is polite and abort isn't. Use close in normal circumstances. Use abort only if there is evidence that the connection is broken. Calling abort needlessly will clutter the server with dangling resources. Be polite. Call close.

Douglas