1 Reply Latest reply: May 31, 2013 10:32 AM by rukbat RSS

Permissions

bttpla65
      Hi everybody.
      I developed a java application that could run inside a browser or outside like a client application.
      The application sometimes need to read or write a file, so if I use it like a client no problem, but using it in a browser give error couse security permission.
      Now I can't ask to costumers to edit java.policy to permit to my application to do so. What I thought was natural is that the browser or java asks to the user if he want to permit file read or write but I didn't find a way to do it.
      So the question is:
      is it possibile without modify java.policy?

Thank you.

PS: my profile has an old email address but I didn't find a way to change it. Any help is appreciated.

Paolo
        • 1. Re: Permissions
          rukbat
          my profile has an old email address but I didn't find a way to change it. Any help is appreciated.
          For the moment do NOT do anything.
          Repeat: Do NOT attempt any change to your user account/profile at the present time.
          The entire forum web site is about to change. See the notice that is prominently displayed at the top of every page:
          https://wikis.oracle.com/display/Forums/OTN+Forums+Migration+and+Upgrade

After the change, find whatever equivalent exists to the Community Feedback (No Product Questions) and [1] read previous posts about that same subject and/or [2] you can ask your own version of that inquiry as a dedicated question.