2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 5, 2013 8:07 AM by user991423

What's the difference between RFQ in PO module and RFQ in Sourcing module?

user991423
      Hi,

I have created a RFQ using 'Sourcing Super User' in Vision Demo. The RFQ number is 45635.

Then, I created another RFQ using 'Purchasing, Vision Operations (USA)'. The RFQ number is 362. And I tried to search RFQ 45635 on the form in this PO responsibility. But I can't find it.

Why the two RFQs have different sequence of numbering? I thought that the RFQ in Sourcing responsibility is the same as that in PO responsibility. Am I wrong?

Thanks
      Leo
        • 1. Re: What's the difference between RFQ in PO module and RFQ in Sourcing module?
          Abhi83
          Hi Leo,

The eSourcing Module is separate module. The RFQ's created in eSourcing application are stored in different tables and are usually used in conjunction with the module iSupplier Portal. The Supplier users (Read Sales Persons of the Suppliers) can enter view the RFQ and respond with a quote.

Now, about the RFQ form in Purchasing Super user, think of it being used by the Organizations buyer to enter and keep record of all the RFQ's and Quotations he sends and recieves in a paper based system. It does not have any integrations or any other functions except for quote analysis which is a relatively simple interface.

Hope this answers the question.

Thanks,
          Abhi
          • 2. Re: What's the difference between RFQ in PO module and RFQ in Sourcing module?
            user991423
            Hi Abhi,

Thanks a lot! I would like to ask something more. As we doesn't allow suppliers to logon Oracle ERP and input quotes (we still receive paper quotes), hence, we didn't buy license of iSupplier module.

But we do buy license of PO and Sourcing modules. In this case, can I use the RFQ and quotation functions in Sourcing module (instead of the RFQ and quotation in PO module)? And then work with the PO function in PO module? Is this appropriate?

Thanks
            Leo