7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 14, 2013 3:17 PM by Rudoph Wang RSS

How to refresh the page navigate from

Rudoph Wang
      Hi,
      I am working on multipages OAF application. I want to refresh the page navigated from. That is, I started with page A, from query up line click button to navigate Page B. After manipulating data in Page B, (Click button back to Page A) I want to refresh the record so my update/insert in page b reflects in Page A.
      Any idea/sample/suggestion will be appreciated in advance.
      Thanks.
      Rudy
        • 1. Re: How to refresh the page navigate from
          keerthioaf
          Hi Rudy ,

If your page A is query only page then , attach a controller class to page A and in processRequest of the controller call a method
          defined in AMImpl.java which will execute a query .

get the vo instance and execute the query , that will pull the updated record from data base . Use submit button in PAGE B to navigate back
          to page A .

Let me know if its not clear .

--Keerthi                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
          • 2. Re: How to refresh the page navigate from
            Sandeep M.
            Hi Rudoph,

If the page A and page B are using same VO instance then page A will display updated data if you retain the AM.

If both the pages are using different VO or VO instance then you will have to re-query in page A controller after confirming that you are returning from page B.
            • 3. Re: How to refresh the page navigate from
              Rudoph Wang

Hi, Sandeep

Thanks for the response. I can partially refresh the page A. Which means page A is a searchable page, I open it up and put a string in Employee Name field, e. g. string "cri" and click Go and return 15 records. I click one of them to enter page B. After save in Page B, it is back to page A and the records are requeried. 15 records. in my program I only put person Id to query and intend to return only one record. Is there any way that I clean up page A and execute query?

Thanks.

• 4. Re: How to refresh the page navigate from
                Sandeep M.

Hi,

In your case it seems you are using different VO instance for page A and page B.

You just need to execute the query for the updated record person Id in page A VO.

In page A controller check that you are coming from page B after updating.

String fromPage = (String)pageContext.getSessionValue("FromPage");

// you can set above value in page B using putSessionValue API

//    pageContext.removeSessionValue("FromPage");

//  pageContext.putSessionValue("FromPage", "PageB");

if ("PageB".equals(fromPage))

{

execute page A view object with the updated record person Id

// person Id can be passed as page parameter or can be put in session like above.

}

• 5. Re: How to refresh the page navigate from
                  Rudoph Wang

Thanks for suggestion.

This is what I do in page B controller processFormRequest

pageContext.removeSessionValue("EmpName");

pageContext.removeSessionValue("EmployeeNumber");

TransactionUnitHelper.startTransactionUnit(pageContext, "refreshOverview");

String perId = pageContext.getParameter("personId");

pageContext.forwardImmediately("OA.jsp?page=/xxxxx/oracle/apps/xxxx/order/webui/OrderOverviewPG&newPersonId="+perId

, null

, OAWebBeanConstants.KEEP_MENU_CONTEXT

, null

, null

, false

, OAWebBeanConstants.ADD_BREAD_CRUMB_YES);

in page A:

String personId = pageContext.getParameter("newPersonId");

// Initiate the query for the single person order record
                           Serializable[] parameters = { personId };
                           am.invokeMethod("requeryOverview", parameters);

TransactionUnitHelper.endTransactionUnit(pageContext, "refreshOverview");
                       }

Somehow the string I queried in Employee Name is still there and query back 15 records.

Something i did incurrect?

Thanks

• 6. Re: How to refresh the page navigate from
                    ViswanathChandran

Please check if your VO is executed after returning to PageA. 

Probably you might have a if condition like (!isExecuted()) etc. Remove any if before executing the query.

Thanks,

Viswanath

• 7. Re: How to refresh the page navigate from
                      Rudoph Wang

VO does executed after returning to Page A. I need to return only one record, which I navigate away from Page A, and did update in Page B.