4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2013 2:06 PM by timtow RSS

Data Extraction

user7735252
      Hi all, I'm running EPM 11.1.2. I was wondering what is the approach to extra the data of the members into a spreadsheet format. The data we want is every property of the members, ex. Time Balance, Consolidation, UDA, Alias, etc....

Can this be done from Workspace? Is it in EAS?

thx
        • 1. Re: Data Extraction
          GlennS_3
          you can do an extract from MaxL to get the outline, but I'm not sure if it has all of the properties. THe best tool I've found to do this is the outline extractor from Applied Olap. It is a free tool and can extract the outline in different formats with the ability to select what properties you want. It can be output into different formats.
          • 2. Re: Data Extraction
            user7735252
            I'm trying to find a tutorial on how to use OLAP outline extractor.

Is there a youtube video for that? a blog? don't see something that contains step by step on Google.
            • 3. Re: Data Extraction
              GlennS_3
              There is documentation that comes with it, but I think if you go to Tim Tow's blog, there is info on creating a bat file to set the environment varaibles and then start it. This is necessary for 11.1.X as they don't create the environment variables on the system level any more
              • 4. Re: Data Extraction
                timtow
                You can send email to support@appliedolap.com and my team can direct you to the exact blog entry and help you get it running.

Tim

Tim Tow
                Applied OLAP, Inc