2 Replies Latest reply: Jul 12, 2013 9:56 AM by DaveWill RSS

URL path for stylesheets under "File URLs"

eaolson1
      I've started a new 4.2 application and I want to override some of the default CSS options. I've created an external CSS file and uploaded it to Shared Components > CSS. Then on the page I'm trying to style, added that file to the "File URLs" box in the CSS section. But how do I determine what the correct URL path to my file is? I keep getting 404 errors when the browser tries to load that CSS file. All the examples in the documentation use /mycss; I tried it even though I assume it's just an example. I've tried /i/file.css, /i/css/file.css, and even #WORKSPACE_IMAGES#/file.css.

This is under 4.2 and mod_plsql.
        • 1. Re: URL path for stylesheets under "File URLs"
          TexasApexDeveloper
          For workspace images, use #WORKSPACE_IMAGES#file.css

Thank you,

Tony Miller
          Ruckersville, VA
          • 2. Re: URL path for stylesheets under "File URLs"
            DaveWill

eaolson1 wrote:

... Then on the page I'm trying to style, added that file to the "File URLs" box in the CSS section...

Do not follow that.  What version of APEX version are you using? Mine is 4.0.1.00.03 and I do not have such a CSS section.

Another way to do might be to add a link tag in the header section of the page template under the header sections.

If you had uploaded the css into the workspace you could add a link tag as shown below.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="#WORKSPACE_IMAGES#file.css" type="text/css">

If you had uploaded the css into the applications shared components you could use the below link tag.

<link rel="stylesheet" href="#APP_IMAGES#file.css" type="text/css">

Let me know if this works