1 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next 413 Replies Latest reply: Sep 23, 2013 2:13 AM by BluShadow Go to original post RSS
      • 180. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
        gimbal2

EJP wrote:

First impressions are entirely negative, sorry.

1. I get logged out after about 10 minutes.

2. I got logged out paging between page 1 and page 2 of this thread. Then I clicked 'login' and bingo, I was magically logged in automatically. So I wasn't logged out at all.

The login is weird and probably still being experimented with. Yesterday I got logged out without breaking my session and I had to go through two separate logins - one the Jive login and then the old OTN "single-signon" thing (which is a lie, its not single-signon at all).

Needless to say the software may be changed, the server it is running on still misbehaves like it always did and will bog down and eventually break down. Hurray for progress

• 181. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
          JohnGoodwin

Are you we going to get any more information from Oracle on all the issues or is this discussion a bit of a waste of time, it would be nice to have a post with an update and status.

• 182. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
            PhHein

JohnGoodwin wrote:

Are you we going to get any more information from Oracle on all the issues or is this discussion a bit of a waste of time, it would be nice to have a post with an update and status.

Sonya is really busy reading all the comments and tracking the reported bugs, but she has promised to comment as soon as she finds the time.

• 183. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
              E Langford

I keep getting logged out and the pages are taking ages to refresh. It has taken me 40 mins to try to get access to mark a comment as answered. I have given up but taken 10 mins to get to this thread to make comments*.

I also found that every time I access My Oracle Support from the any support pages it forces me to log in again even if I'm logged in at the main Oracle Support page.

*I gave up - went to lunch and have tried to post this comment again for the third time. Hopefully it may stick this time.

• 184. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
                PhHein

Yep, I've tried for hours this morning. Smells like LDAP trouble again still.

• 185. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
                  Z?

Looks like someone has just pressed the 'Make it work' button, followed by the 'Go faster' button.

Wonder how long it will last!

• 186. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
                    Marco V.

Did you solve it ? I'm still not able to successfully execute a "stop tracking"... I'm currently on Mozilla Firefox...

• 187. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
                      Z?

No, but I can log in, stay logged in and the pages are taking less that 10 minutes to load without an internal server error message in the last 30 minutes - a vast improvement on this morning!

• 188. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
                        9b1af187-c62b-42f1-9ec1-f61c90d60a0f

hey Sonya & others, I'm new here. I'm finding it little tough to find the questions as there not seem to be any categories which have grouped questions together or am not finding it? Someone help me?

• 189. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
                          Z?

Hi, Click on the 'Home' tab at the top left of the page - the various discussion categories are listed in there.

Cheers

Ben

• 190. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
                            BluShadow

9b1af187-c62b-42f1-9ec1-f61c90d60a0f wrote:

hey Sonya & others, I'm new here. I'm finding it little tough to find the questions as there not seem to be any categories which have grouped questions together or am not finding it? Someone help me?

You're not alone, the whole forum has changed and we're all trying to find out where stuff is.

I've still not quite got my head around where the 'spaces' are.  It was far easier with just a list of forums and sub forums to pick from.

If it's an SQL or PL/SQL question you've got, you can start here: PL/SQL

or otherwise use the breadcrumb from that page to try and find your way around (that's what I'm doing at the minute)

• 191. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!

Hi Team,

The new Forms is very nice look , but some feature what is there in old version i am not able see in the new Form

1) Once open the one discussion question i can easy go to next discussion question buy pressing button Next and Previous at the bottom of the page but

in the new Form i am not having this option.

2) I want to know in new Forms how to user the format of code but in previous i am using

{code}

select * from emp;

{code}

But now i am not able to use this ... let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Suman

• 192. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
                                Celvin Kattookaran

Wow, I tried to post a reply with 4 lines in it for an hour. It kept showing me the error that you are not logged in and then "internal error" occurred.

So go back click "Login" button it shows OSSO successful (Didn't get a login screen, which means I was not logged out). Anytime you click login from any page it takes you to All Spaces-->Developer-->English, then click back. Again repeat the same steps. This went on for like 20 times.

Why would you change the basic feature of a forum (Login), I can agree with the look and change and other features. (even though it is not good)

Why there is a change in Top Participants (from top 10 it is now top 5). When you click on View all participants it shows the whole OTN. Can we restrict that button to show the participants from the respective forums?

Can we get "back to thread list", "previous" and "next" buttons?

Regards

Celvin

• 193. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
                                  PhHein

1007945 wrote:

Hi Team,

The new Forms is very nice look , but some feature what is there in old version i am not able see in the new Form

1) Once open the one discussion question i can easy go to next discussion question buy pressing button Next and Previous at the bottom of the page but

in the new Form i am not having this option.

2) I want to know in new Forms how to user the format of code but in previous i am using

{code}

select * from emp;

{code}

But now i am not able to use this ... let me know.

Thanks & Regards

Suman

1: Theres no next / previous button (yet).

2: see this thread: https://forums.oracle.com/thread/2549830

• 194. Re: Welcome to the new OTN Community!
                                    ATD

What a complete load of rubbish this is

I have spent most of the afternoon just trying to log in and STAY logged in.

Each page takes at least a minute to load - and, when it does, most of the time I'm logged out again and can not do things like post a reply and when I log back in I'm taken to the forums homepage so have to start all over again.

1 out of every 10 or so page loads results in Internal Server errors and I have to start all over again.

I get server errors just trying to post a reply.

Is this really the best that Oracle could come up with?

The thing may be "pretty" but if it doesn't work properly, then we should go back to the Jive version (even with all the issues that had)

Andy

1 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next