This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2013 12:54 AM by Arunkumar Ramamoorthy RSS

How to show bounded taskflow contains fragment as a pop up

user10977928 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi All,

Is there any way to show a bounded task flow containing fragments as pop up.

I know if the bounded task flow contain .jspx page then we can show that task flow as a pop up or we can use pop up component and then us dialog to show the pop up.

But in several fusion application pages I noticed the that bounded task flows contain fragments shows as a pop up.

How can i achieve this functionality ?

Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to show bounded taskflow contains fragment as a pop up
    Shay Shmeltzer Employee ACE

add an af:popup component to your page and then drop the taskflow you want into that.

• 2. Re: How to show bounded taskflow contains fragment as a pop up
    Cvele_new_account Expert

after adding af:popup to your page, set following popup properties:

ContentDelivery: lazyUncached

ChildCreation: deferred

PopupFetchListener: you need a way to activate (= start) TF that you put in the popup.
    This can be achieved in several ways, what I usually do, is to put a some flag in the pageFlowScope of the calling taskFlow. For example, here is my popupFetchListener:

[code]

public void myPopupFetchListener(PopupFetchEvent popupFetchEvent){

Map pageFlowScope = ADFContext.getCurrent().getPageFlowScope();

pageFlowScope.put("popupTFActive", "true");

}

[/code]

Then, drag&drop you taskFlow as a (static) Region to the popup.

After that, you will find taskFlow binding in the pageDef. Adjust following properties as follows:

Refresh: ifNeeded

activation: conditional

active : remember PopupFetchListener above ? Here we specify a condition under which the TF is active. So, you can tell, according to the popupFetchListener, the following:

#{pageFlowScope.popupTFActive eq true}

Of course, you need a way to de-activate TF also, when popup closed. This can be achieved by using

[code]

public void serverPopupClosedMetod(ClientEvent event){

ADFContext.getCurrent().getPageFlowScope().put("popupTFActive", "false");

}

[/code]

Just use that metod as a af:serverListener's 'method' property. So, what you need on the popup,is a

<af:clientListener type="popupClosed" method="popupClosedListener"/>

<af:serverListener type="serverPopupClosed"

method="#{yourBackingBean.serverPopupClosedMetod}"/>

And, - that's it ;-)

• 3. Re: How to show bounded taskflow contains fragment as a pop up
    user10977928 Newbie

Hi,

Thanks you so much for your quick reply.

I have tried your solution but at the time drag&drop bounded the taskFlow contains only fragments as a (static) Region to the popup the IDE giving the below  error.

"Cannot create a region from a task flow containing facelets fragments in a jspx page".

Here is my main.jspx page

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>

<jsp:root xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page" version="2.1" xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"

xmlns:af="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/faces/rich">

<jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"/>

<f:view>

<af:document title="mainpage.jspx" id="d1" binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.d1}">

<af:form id="f1" binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.f1}">

<af:panelStretchLayout id="psl1" binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.psl1}">

<f:facet name="center">

<af:panelBox text="PanelBox1" id="pb1" binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.pb1}">

<f:facet name="toolbar">

<af:toolbar id="t1" binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.t1}"/>

</f:facet>

<af:panelGroupLayout id="pgl1" binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.pgl1}"

inlineStyle="height:30px; width:143px;">

<af:popup childCreation="deferred" autoCancel="disabled" id="p1"

binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.p1}"

contentDelivery="lazyUncached"

popupFetchListener="#{popupfetchlsntr.myPopupFetchListener}"/>

<af:commandButton text="commandButton 1" id="cb1"

binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.cb1}" action="GoToEmp"/>

</af:panelGroupLayout>

</af:panelBox>

<!-- id="af_one_column_stretched"   -->

</af:panelStretchLayout>

</af:form>

</af:document>

</f:view>

<!--oracle-jdev-comment:auto-binding-backing-bean-name:backing_mainpage-->

</jsp:root>

Bounded task flow

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?>

<adfc-config xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/controller" version="1.2">

<task-flow-definition id="btfemp">

<default-activity>employeefragment</default-activity>

<view id="employeefragment">

<page>/employeefragment.jsff</page>

</view>

<use-page-fragments/>

</task-flow-definition>

</adfc-config>

Could you please help me what is wrong here ?

Thanks in advance.

• 4. Re: How to show bounded taskflow contains fragment as a pop up
    user10977928 Newbie

Hi Shay,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using JDEV11.1.2.1 version and  when i tried to drag the task flow getting the below error

"Cannot create a region from a task flow containing facelets fragments in a jspx page".

Here is my main.jspx page

<jsp:root xmlns:jsp="http://java.sun.com/JSP/Page" version="2.1" xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core"

xmlns:af="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/faces/rich">

<jsp:directive.page contentType="text/html;charset=UTF-8"/>

<f:view>

<af:document title="mainpage.jspx" id="d1" binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.d1}">

<af:form id="f1" binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.f1}">

<af:panelStretchLayout id="psl1" binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.psl1}">

<af:panelBox text="PanelBox1" id="pb1" binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.pb1}">

<f:facet name="toolbar">

<af:toolbar id="t1" binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.t1}"/>

<af:panelGroupLayout id="pgl1" binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.pgl1}"

inlineStyle="height:30px; width:143px;">

<af:popup childCreation="deferred" autoCancel="disabled" id="p1"

binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.p1}"

contentDelivery="lazyUncached"

popupFetchListener="#{popupfetchlsntr.myPopupFetchListener}"/>

<af:commandButton text="commandButton 1" id="cb1"

binding="#{backingBeanScope.backing_mainpage.cb1}" action="GoToEmp"/>

</af:panelBox>

<!-- id="af_one_column_stretched"   -->

</af:panelStretchLayout>

<!--oracle-jdev-comment:auto-binding-backing-bean-name:backing_mainpage-->

</jsp:root>

Bounded task flow

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="windows-1252" ?>

<adfc-config xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/controller" version="1.2">

<task-flow-definition id="btfemp">

<default-activity>employeefragment</default-activity>

<view id="employeefragment">

<page>/employeefragment.jsff</page>

</view>

<use-page-fragments/>

</task-flow-definition>

</adfc-config>

Could you please help me what is wrong here ?

Thanks in advance.

• 5. Re: How to show bounded taskflow contains fragment as a pop up
    user10977928 Newbie

Hi ,

I am using JDEV 11.1.2.1 version and the bounded task flow working fine as pop up in a .jsf page but when i tried to apply on .jspx page as per your solution

I am facing the below error "Cannot create a region from a task flow containing facelets fragments in a jspx page".

So can we show the bounded task flow contain fragments as a pop up in a .jspx page ?

• 6. Re: How to show bounded taskflow contains fragment as a pop up
    user10977928 Newbie

Below is my .jsf page and it's working fine

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<f:view xmlns:f="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" xmlns:af="http://xmlns.oracle.com/adf/faces/rich">

<af:document title="untitled1.jsf" id="d1">

<af:form id="f1">

<af:pageTemplate viewId="/oracle/templates/threeColumnTemplate.jspx" id="pt1">

<af:popup childCreation="deferred" autoCancel="disabled" id="p1">

<af:panelWindow id="pw1">

<af:region value="#{bindings.btfemp1.regionModel}" id="r1"/>

</af:panelWindow>

</af:popup>

<f:facet name="header"/>

<f:facet name="end"/>

<f:facet name="start">

<af:group id="g1">

<af:panelGroupLayout id="pgl1">

<af:commandButton text="Show PopUp" id="cb1" partialSubmit="true" immediate="true">

<af:showPopupBehavior popupId="p1" triggerType="action"/>

</af:commandButton>

</af:group>

<f:facet name="branding"/>

<f:facet name="copyright"/>

<f:facet name="status"/>

</af:pageTemplate>

• 7. Re: How to show bounded taskflow contains fragment as a pop up
    Cvele_new_account Expert

So, in the same application you have .jspx AND .jsf pages ?

And you tried to add facelet to a non- facelet pages ?

I am totally confused...

• 8. Re: How to show bounded taskflow contains fragment as a pop up
    user10977928 Newbie

I have an application which contains one .jspx page and one .jsff page. I have created one bonded task flow which hold the .jsff page.

I added one button in .jspx page and Now from a button action i want to show the bounded task flow as a pop up.

So, my question is can I show the bounded task flow contains fragments as a pop up from a .jspx page?

I have an another application which contains  one .jsf page and one .jsff page. I have created one bonded task flow which hold the .jsff page.

To show the bounded task flow as a pop up from .jsf page is working fine for me.

• 9. Re: How to show bounded taskflow contains fragment as a pop up
    Cvele_new_account Expert

So, your fragment TF is built on upon facelets (JSF 2.0 stuff), right, and you are trying to add him as a static region on the (JSF 1.2)  .jspx page ?

You are trying to mix "grandmother and frogs", I am afraid...

• 10. Re: How to show bounded taskflow contains fragment as a pop up
    Arunkumar Ramamoorthy Guru

Hi,

Convert the facelet fragment to ADF Faces Fragment / recreate the fragment as ADF Faces Fragment and then re-drop it.

-Arun

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points