This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 13, 2013 2:01 AM by Anuj Khattri RSS

oats - how to cleanup database

mkrishna Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi, I am running OATS load and it looks like database is almost used up.

5,080 MB
40 MB
5,120 MB
99%

Question

1. Does cleaning up session reports of previous runs help? or what is the best way to cleanup ?

• 1. Re: oats - how to cleanup database
    Anuj Khattri Newbie

Hello,

Yes it certainly helps cleaning the session data.

Space occupied by any specific session mainly depends on the Virtual user logging for the session, Extended logs always take considerable amount of space.

If you have logging enabled for every session, probably clearing only the VULogs for the sessions might help.

COUNTERRUN and VULOG might the tables of interest for back-up and cleanup exercise.

Regards

• 2. Re: oats - how to cleanup database
    mkrishna Newbie

Hello Anujk,

Thank you.

1. I deleted 25% old records(10 million out of 40 million records) of OLT.COUNTERRUN, which is 1.2G .

But still available space it says is 40 MB.

5,080 MB
    40 MB
    5,120 MB
    99%

2. Also I cannot find VULOG table, can you suggest the schema name. OATS I am using is 9.x

Thanks

• 3. Re: oats - how to cleanup database
    Anuj Khattri Newbie

Hello,

You must be checking the Administration Storage page. Just check the space occupied by various tablespaces (Home>Administration>Storage>Tablespaces).

You can see the Percent Used , Allocated (MB) and  Used (MB) for each of the tablespace SYSAUX, SYSTEM, UNDO and USERS, which gives you the clear picture.

VULOG table should also be under the OLT schema.

If you have enough space available under the USERS Tablespace, I don't see any issue performing further run, apart from this all the tablespace are Auto Extensible.

Regards,

Anuj Khattri