So I want to clarify that just moving a report is not an option, you will need to migrate the entire application. So if you have made other changes to the app you will want to make sure they are stable before migrating to your other environments.
- Login to your dev environment >> Application Builder >> edit the application you want to migrate.
- Click Export / Import
- Select Export
- Click Next
- Change the file format to whatever your server is
- *NOTE* debugging is disabled by default if you want to be able to run debug in the other environments you will need to pick yes or have the ability to log in and change that in the new environment.
- Click Export Application
- take note of the filename and location
- Login to your test environment >> Application Builder
- Click Import
- select the export that you saved from dev
- install supporting objects if necessry
- replace existing application if necessary
If you cannot login to your test or prod apex instances you can export the app as file type "database" and log into the corresponding database and execute the import as a script.
Are you sure about that? I have worked in shops that export PAGES as apposed to entire applications.. As long as the applications share the same Application ID and you delete the pages from the app your are importing INTO BEFORE you try and import the pages, it should work..
However, Tyson is right in the sense that you REALLY should export the app as a whole...
You are so right, I hardly ever do it that way I forgot it was an option.