2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2013 10:49 AM by Walashkar RSS

New file system layout in r12 upgrade

Walashkar

Dear All,

We are in the process of upgrading r11.5.10.2 to R12.1 . Part of the upgrade , I need to layout the new file system in the new app server. We are planning for the upgrade day after tomorrow , can I install the new r12 file system in the new server and keep

it ready for the uprgade ? Will this touch the existing database server as the instalation screen asks for details about the db too ?

Please advise

• 1. Re: New file system layout in r12 upgrade
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle

We are in the process of upgrading r11.5.10.2 to R12.1 . Part of the upgrade , I need to layout the new file system in the new app server. We are planning for the upgrade day after tomorrow , can I install the new r12 file system in the new server and keep

it ready for the uprgade ? Will this touch the existing database server as the instalation screen asks for details about the db too ?

Yes, you can lay down R12 software on the new server and this should not impact your 11i instance.

Use the Rapid Install wizard to lay down the file system and install the new technology stack for your Release 12.1.1 Oracle E-Business Suite system. The wizard collects configuration parameters and stores them in a configuration file (config.txt) in the Applications file system. When you run Rapid Install, it uses these values to lay down the file system structure and technology stack components for your configuration. As it runs, it creates a context file (<CONTEXT_NAME>.xml) that contains all the parameters that describe your system. This context file is created and managed by AutoConfig.

Run Rapid Install (required)

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18727_01/doc.121/e16342/T527285T527359.htm#5235502

Thanks,

Hussein

• 2. Re: New file system layout in r12 upgrade
            Walashkar

Thanks Hussein.

While laying out the file system , I entered DB host to existing production DB server details under "DATABASE NODE CONFIGURATION" Screen . is this correct ?. if so, what value I need to give under base directory, if I give the directory of DB node , then it is failing with RW-00000 unable to find the location as the file system path doesn't exist in the new application server.

Please guide