10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 19, 2013 11:02 AM by Kosta-Oracle RSS

FileNotFoundException: Publishing to Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)

jdsalingerjr

We are using WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2) PatchSet1, and all of my co-workers are using the bundled Eclipse Gallileo 3.5 with the Oracle Enterprise Pack.  I would like to use Juno 4.2.2 with the latest OEPE tools; however, everytime I try to publish to the server I receive the error below.  If I am in Gallileo, it works with out issue.  I can't figure out what the issue is, and I have even hacked away at several of the workspace configuration files in the .metadata.

I am more of a client guy, so to start I don't know if there is a difference between 11gR1 10.3.2 and 11gR1 PatchSet1 (I can guess at what those differences would be), and I wouldn't know how to verify one way or the other.  But my guess is that might be a root problem.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, and I am happy to provide any further detail/settings/etc if necessary.

Thanks,

JD

java.lang.Exception: Exception received from deployment driver. See Error Log view for more detail.
      at oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.server.internal.DeploymentProgressListener.watch(DeploymentProgressListener.java:190)
      at oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.server.internal.WlsJ2EEDeploymentHelper.deploy(WlsJ2EEDeploymentHelper.java:506)
      at oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.server.internal.WeblogicServerBehaviour.publishWeblogicModules(WeblogicServerBehaviour.java:1466)
      at oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.server.internal.WeblogicServerBehaviour.publishToServer(WeblogicServerBehaviour.java:898)
      at oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.server.internal.WeblogicServerBehaviour.publishOnce(WeblogicServerBehaviour.java:686)
      at oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.server.internal.WeblogicServerBehaviour.publish(WeblogicServerBehaviour.java:539)
      at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:774)
      at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:3153)
      at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:345)
      at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53)
      Caused by: weblogic.application.ModuleException:
      at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.EJBModule.init(EJBModule.java:321)
      at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.init(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:167)
      at weblogic.application.internal.flow.InitModulesFlow.initModule(InitModulesFlow.java:285)
      at weblogic.application.internal.flow.InitModulesFlow.initModules(InitModulesFlow.java:298)
      at weblogic.application.internal.flow.InitModulesFlow.prepare(InitModulesFlow.java:330)
      at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment$1.next(BaseDeployment.java:1221)
      at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:83)
      at weblogic.application.internal.BaseDeployment.prepare(BaseDeployment.java:367)
      at weblogic.application.internal.EarDeployment.prepare(EarDeployment.java:54)
      at weblogic.application.internal.DeploymentStateChecker.prepare(DeploymentStateChecker.java:154)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.AppContainerInvoker.prepare(AppContainerInvoker.java:60)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.createAndPrepareContainer(ActivateOperation.java:207)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.ActivateOperation.doPrepare(ActivateOperation.java:98)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.operations.AbstractOperation.prepare(AbstractOperation.java:217)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handleDeploymentPrepare(DeploymentManager.java:747)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.prepareDeploymentList(DeploymentManager.java:1216)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentManager.handlePrepare(DeploymentManager.java:250)
      at weblogic.deploy.internal.targetserver.DeploymentServiceDispatcher.prepare(DeploymentServiceDispatcher.java:159)
      at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.doPrepareCallback(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:157)
      at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.access$000(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:12)
      at weblogic.deploy.service.internal.targetserver.DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer$1.run(DeploymentReceiverCallbackDeliverer.java:45)
      at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:516)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:201)
      at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:173)
      Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find ejb-jar with uri MaxiServicesEJB.jar in ear at C:\dev\AirOps\maxi.poc.server_HEAD\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\MaxiServicesEAR\beadep\base_domain_test\MaxiServicesEAR\split_src

at weblogic.ejb.spi.EJBJar.<init>(EJBJar.java:81)
      at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.EJBModule.buildClassFinder(EJBModule.java:188)
      at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.EJBModule.init(EJBModule.java:300)

• 1. Re: FileNotFoundException: Publishing to Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)
          Raj Alag

Hi,

I tried reproducing the issue with the latest OEPE release on Juno and WLS 10.3.2 and was unable to do so.

Could you paste the contents of the application.xml file found under  C:\dev\AirOps\maxi.poc.server_HEAD\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\MaxiServicesEAR\beadep\base_domain_test\MaxiServicesEAR\split_src\META-INF

and the application.xml file which is part of your EAR MaxiServicesEAR in OEPE ?

In terms of version numbers WebLogic Server 11gR1 is WLS 10.3.1 and WebLogic Server 11gR1 PatchSet1 is WLS 10.3.2

Also have you tried deploying a simple web, EJB and EAR project to the same server instance ?

thanks

Raj

• 2. Re: FileNotFoundException: Publishing to Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)
            dvohra21

Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find ejb-jar with uri MaxiServicesEJB.jar in ear at

How is the EAR file built? Maven or Ant build tool?

• 3. Re: FileNotFoundException: Publishing to Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)
              jdsalingerjr

I used the compare tool in Eclipse to check the the contents of both application.xml files, and they are exactly the same:  (including whitespace)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<application xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee" xmlns:application="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd" xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/application_5.xsd" id="Application_ID" version="5">

<display-name>MaxiServicesEAR</display-name>

<module>

<ejb>MaxiServicesEJB.jar</ejb>

</module>

<module>

<ejb>TranslationOmniListenerWS.jar</ejb>

</module>

<module>

<web>

<web-uri>MWorkBench.war</web-uri>

<context-root>MWorkBench</context-root>

</web>

</module>

<module>

<web>

<web-uri>MaxiServicesWeb.war</web-uri>

<context-root>MaxiWeb</context-root>

</web>

</module>

</application>

As for deploying a simple example, instead I went into the Galileo instance and created a new server runtime environment using the domain I created from Juno.  I was successfully able to deploy the MaxiServicesEAR to the server in Galileo.

I did notice that in Galileo, the server runtime environment is listed as "Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 PatchSet 1" where as in Juno it is listed as "Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)".  Thus I had to update all of my project facets to reflect the difference in runtimes.

I also noticed that in Galileo many/all of the classpath entries were updated from:

<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 PatchSet 1 JRE">

<attributes>

<attribute name="owner.project.facets" value="jst.java"/>

</attributes>

</classpathentry>

To:

<classpathentry kind="con" path="oracle.eclipse.tools.weblogic.lib.system">

<attributes>

<attribute name="owner.project.facets" value="jst.utility"/>

</attributes>

</classpathentry>

<classpathentry kind="con" path="org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JRE_CONTAINER/org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.ui.launcher.StandardVMType/Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 PatchSet 1 Test JRE">

<attributes>

<attribute name="owner.project.facets" value="jst.java"/>

</attributes>

</classpathentry>

I am not sure whether or not this happened in Juno so I will double check.  (Nor am I sure which one is more accurate)

Thanks,

JD

<Jun 14, 2013 10:11:53 AM CDT> <Error> <Deployer> <BEA-149265> <Failure occurred in the execution of deployment request with ID '1371222712679' for task '0'. Error is: 'weblogic.application.ModuleException: '

weblogic.application.ModuleException:

at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.init(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:167)

at weblogic.application.internal.flow.InitModulesFlow.initModule(InitModulesFlow.java:285)

at weblogic.application.internal.flow.InitModulesFlow.initModules(InitModulesFlow.java:298)

at weblogic.application.internal.flow.InitModulesFlow.prepare(InitModulesFlow.java:330)

Truncated. see log file for complete stacktrace

Caused By: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find ejb-jar with uri MaxiServicesEJB.jar in ear at C:\dev\AirOps\maxi.poc.server_HEAD\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\MaxiServicesEAR\beadep\base_domain_test\MaxiServicesEAR\split_src

at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.EJBModule.buildClassFinder(EJBModule.java:188)

>

<Jun 14, 2013 10:11:53 AM CDT> <Warning> <Deployer> <BEA-149004> <Failures were detected while initiating deploy task for application 'MaxiServicesEAR'.>

<Jun 14, 2013 10:11:53 AM CDT> <Warning> <Deployer> <BEA-149078> <Stack trace for message 149004

weblogic.application.ModuleException:

Caused By: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Unable to find ejb-jar with uri MaxiServicesEJB.jar in ear at C:\dev\AirOps\maxi.poc.server_HEAD\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.resources\.projects\MaxiServicesEAR\beadep\base_domain_test\MaxiServicesEAR\split_src

• 4. Re: FileNotFoundException: Publishing to Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)
                jdsalingerjr

We are not using maven, so Ant.  But I don't see where or how the build_ear.xml is linked into the build process

• 5. Re: FileNotFoundException: Publishing to Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)
                  jdsalingerjr

I am still unable to deploy, is there anything else I can try?

• 6. Re: FileNotFoundException: Publishing to Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)
                    Raj Alag

HI,

regarding the different in the server runtime name, this was a change which took place in an earlier OEPE release. The "Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)" is the new format in newer OEPE versions.

regarding the different in JRE name, that looks like it's related to the name of the server runtime which was created as well.

When you try in Juno, are you creating the app from scratch or are you importing the app created in Galileo ?

Could you try the following in Juno ?

switch to a new workspace

create a 10.3.2 server runtime

create a new 10.3.2 domain

create a new EJb project project and add to EAR

create a web project and add to the same EAR

create a simple session bean

deploy to the domain

if this fails, then there might be something in the env which is causing the failure. Since this works fine on my env

if the previous deployment was successful

import your existing projects into the new workspace

right click on each project and make sure that the target runtime is set to Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2) and deselect the "WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2) PatchSet1" entry if selected

deploy the app to the same domain.

thanks

Raj

• 7. Re: FileNotFoundException: Publishing to Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)
                      Kosta-Oracle

To enable us to diagnose the issue that you are experience, please prepare a stripped-down version of your application that still demonstrates the problem and send it to konstantin.komissarchik %at% oracle.com. We don't need to see your source code, just the projects with all of the metadata and descriptors, and just enough of the stripped-down source to repro the issue.

• 8. Re: FileNotFoundException: Publishing to Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)
                        jdsalingerjr

I tried all of the above and received:

"No business interface, component interface or web service endpoint interface found for Session Bean SimpleBean"

Is there a simple way I can provide this, or is there a sample project you know that works I can download from somewhere?

I apologize for my helplessness here, I am more a client developer and just getting started with server components.

Thanks,

JD

• 9. Re: FileNotFoundException: Publishing to Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)
                          jdsalingerjr

Working on coming up with an shareable project but I am running into many issues.  If I strip out all of the source and just send the top level projects with all of the config information would that work?

Thanks,

JD

• 10. Re: FileNotFoundException: Publishing to Oracle WebLogic Server 11gR1 (10.3.2)
                            Kosta-Oracle

It needs to be a project set that reproduces the problem that you experiencing. Just the project metadata will not be enough.