This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Jun 17, 2013 3:39 AM by keerthioaf RSS

is it needed to decompile all the class files while extending VO or CO

san-717 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated

Hi,

I'm trying to extend oracle.apps.ar.hz.components.search.server.HzPuiDQMSrchResultsVO. My extension is working fine and now I need to do some enhancement so I need RowImpl method.

If I try to compile the RowImpl of the extended VO HzPuiDQMSrchResultsVORowImpl, I'm getting lot of missed class files. Actually that files are available as .class. If I decompile it is working fine.

And in the existing seeded file, lot of compilation errors are there.

I want to know exactly what is actual process..

Thanks a lot in advance,

SAN

• 1. Re: is it needed to decompile all the class files while extending VO or CO
    keerthioaf Expert

Hey hi SAN ,

Well to be able to perform extension in Jdeveloper you need to have all dependency files , but need not decompile all dependency class file

into java file , rather you can have them in the form of .zip file and add it to project library ( right click on your project in jdev - > project properties

- > libraries - > Add Jar / libraries and browse and just add )

Next time when you perform extension to any file , these class files are referred automatically from libraries  and there will not be any compilation error .

Let me know if its not clear .

Regards ,

--Keerthi 

• 2. Re: is it needed to decompile all the class files while extending VO or CO
    san-717 Newbie

Hi Keerthi,

I zipped the ar folder under $JAVA_TOP/oracle/apps

unix command: zip -r ar.zip ar

I moved this zip file to JDEV_USER_HOME/myprojects/oracle/apps

I added this zip file as library in the project properties. But still my extended VOImpl and VORowImpl dependent files are not found.

Can you please suggest me that I did any mistake in the steps.

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply,

SAN

• 3. Re: is it needed to decompile all the class files while extending VO or CO
    keerthioaf Expert

Hi SAN ,

The moment you add the libraries to project , there is an option in the same window called ' Move up ' , you can move

your library  to the top and try .

Can you tell us what is the exact error your are getting while compiling the code in jdev ( jdev will list out which files are missing

in the console window ) , share the complete error trace if possible .

Regards ,

Keerthi

• 4. Re: is it needed to decompile all the class files while extending VO or CO
    Md. Zahid Khan Newbie

Hi San,

I guess you're not decompiling the dependent class files in myprojects folder. Jdeveloper always looks for the java files for reference, which in your case may be the seeded class files. Hence, convert your class files to java files and place them in myprojects directory.

Moreover, if you are facing standard error while decompiling, instead of JAD software please try DJ Java decompiler. Hopefully you would not get any complilation issue.

Regards,

Zahid

• 5. Re: is it needed to decompile all the class files while extending VO or CO
    san-717 Newbie

Hi,

Now issue is there are lot back to back dependent files. I need around 100 files need to be decompile.

So I want any suggestion to achieve this without decompile.

Thanks,

SAN

• 6. Re: is it needed to decompile all the class files while extending VO or CO
    Md. Zahid Khan Newbie

Hi San,

Since you want additional task in only RowImpl class, only decompile the required files. The remaining hundreds of classes doesnt require decompliation as the VO files are already in xml format. Moreover, we require decompiling of VO classes only when you require editing the VO and it has Impl and RowImpl class files. Otherwise no decompilation is required. Hope it is clear to you.

Regards,

Zahid

• 7. Re: is it needed to decompile all the class files while extending VO or CO
    san-717 Newbie

Keerthi,

I tried by moving up the library which I attached but still I'm getting the following error if I try rebuild the VOImpl file.

Error(3,8): HzPuiDQMSrchResultsVOImpl not found.

• 8. Re: is it needed to decompile all the class files while extending VO or CO
    keerthioaf Expert

Hi San ,

Let me know explain through an example :

Let us assume that we are working on I-recruitment module hence the file that needs to be extended resides in the following directory

oracle.apps.irc.offers.webui 

since this is an i-recruitment module ,all dependency and related file will reside inside folder named irc ( oracle.apps.irc.offers.webui )

for account payable it will be ap , i procurement it will be icx etc ...

Now since you are working on  oracle.apps.ar.hz.components.search.server.HzPuiDQMSrchResultsVO which comes under ar application,

FTP the entire ar to your local machine and zip the complete folder save it , now add them to the library ( repeat the process which i have

explained earlier ) ,alternately you can also place the entire ar folder under myclasss directory ( jdevbin\jdev\myclasses\ar)  .

Coming back to the jdeveloper  when you create a new java file extending ar all ar related files will be referred during the compilation

time hence there should not be any compilation error .

Please note that during compilation time only dependency class files are referred not java files , hence decompiling 100's of class files

to java file is absolutely not needed .

Let me know if its not clear .

Regards ,

Keerthi