1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2013 5:14 AM by Aravinda RSS

How to convert a text input into a LOV input

Aravinda

Dear Friends

In suppliers page , I need to convert a message text input  field (Address Name) to a LOV input

Iam not able see that filed in "personalise page ". Is this flex filed related .If Yes Can any one guide me how to achieve this .Please help

Thanks

Aravinda

• 1. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
          Sridhar Yerram

Aravinda,

Are you able to see the bean when you perform expand all option after clicking personalize page ?

Check out the below link : if it helps ;

http://oracle.anilpassi.com/create-lov-based-field-using-personalization-in-oa-framework.html

Regards

Sridhar

• 2. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
            ViswanathChandran

Download the supplier page from database using jdr_utils.printDocument method. 'Address Name' would be the prompt of the item. Search for 'Address Name' and get the id of the item. Then in personalization screen search for item and check if it is available.

Thanks,

Viswanath

• 3. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
              Aravinda

Hi

I downloaded the page.xml .  There is no field as "Address Name ".

But  I tried a field called "HzPartSiteName".Its id is HzPartSiteName only. But its prompt in page is "Address  Description". not "Addres Name". ..,,Iam  not getting any idea, how

to search the required field and convert that to LOV.

Just to test I want to make this HzPartSiteName field rendered false programmatically.

How to do it set rendered false

Plz help.share ur views.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Aravinda Dear Friends, I wrote the following code to test whether   HzPartSiteName  is our address Name or not . The code has no effect. So HzPartSiteName  is not  Address Name what I am trying to change into LOV input. public class ByrAddrCO_Ext1 extends ByrAddrCO {     public ByrAddrCO_Ext1() {     }     public void processRequest(OAPageContext oapagecontext, OAWebBean oawebbean)     {     OAApplicationModule am = oapagecontext.getRootApplicationModule();     OAMessageTextInputBean bean = (OAMessageTextInputBean)oawebbean.findChildRecursive("hzPartySiteName");     bean.setRendered(Boolean.FALSE);    } } Any other ideas PLEASE........... How to catch my message text input called "Address Name" and how to convert it  into a LOV input.  Plz help. Thanks Aravinda

• 4. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
                Sandeep M.

Hi Aravinda,

I looked at Supplier page -> Address Book search section.

And found address name field there as MessageTextInput.

messageComponentLayout: (AddressDtSrchRN)

messageTextInput: Address Name

Is that what you are looking for?

Also you cannot convert it to LovInput or any other item, but you will have to create a new item and then hide current textInput field.

• 5. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
                  Aravinda

Yes Sandeep,,

It is from the region   ----    messageComponentLayout: (AddressStyleRN).

If I create  a new item., How to save the entered or choosen  address value from LOV (which is to be incorporated) at the same place of seeded  "address Name " .Can u plz guide in this regard.

• 6. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
                    Sandeep M.

Hi Aravinda,

For that you will need to create LOV mappings as we do in our custom page LOV.

Add the lov mappings through personalization and map the return value to Address Name field ID.

Regards,

Sandeep M.

• 7. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
                      Aravinda

Hi

I have created a  new item (lov input ),new vo  .,  attached to new AM ,imported the region by following command.

java oracle.jrad.tools.xml.importer.XMLImporter $JAVA_TOP/Xxome/oracle/apps/pos/supplier/webui/XxOmxAddressNameExtLovRG.xml -username apps -password appsr12crp -rootdir $JAVA_TOP/Xxome/oracle/apps/pos/supplier -rootPackage /Xxome/oracle/apps/pos/supplier -dbconnection "(DESCRIPTION=(ADDRESS_LIST=(LOAD_BALANCE=YES)(FAILOVER=YES)(ADDRESS=(PROTOCOL=tcp)(HOST=omxholnxcrpr12.omaxe.com)(PORT=1526)))(CONNECT_DATA=(SID=R12CRP)))"

created lov map

gave lov region item  and return item

made search allowed property TRUE in jdeveloper.

Still Iam getting errors like

Error

1.At least one rendered LOV column needs to have Search Allowed property set to true.(when click on lov input)

2.Cannot find LOV view object (XxOmxAddressNameVO1) in LOV AM.(when click on go button in lov pop window)

Why

How to resolve this .PLz help.

Thanks

Aravinda.

• 8. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
                        Sandeep M.

Hi Aravinda,

The steps you mentioned is correct, please check once again if you are missing anything.

Search allowed property should be true for one of the column in result table of the LOV.

If possible pls post XxOmxAddressNameExtLovRG.xml here.

Also for second error make sure correct AM is attached to LOV region and view instance name is the same which was generated when you assigned VO to AM.

Regards,

Sandeep M.

• 9. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
                          Aravinda

Hi sandeep,

got the result ,but how to hide seeded  Message text Input. I could not find its ID . I should make user to entry in our custom Address Name LOV input only.

How to approach.

1.AddressName xml file :-

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

-<oa:listOfValues xml:lang="en-US" amDefName="Xxome.oracle.apps.pos.supplier.server.XxOmxAddressNameAM" scope="/" file-version="$Header$" xmlns="http://xmlns.oracle.com/jrad" xmlns:user="http://xmlns.oracle.com/jrad/user" xmlns:ui="http://xmlns.oracle.com/uix/ui" xmlns:jrad="http://xmlns.oracle.com/jrad" xmlns:oa="http://xmlns.oracle.com/oa" version="10.1.3_1312">-<ui:contents>-<oa:table amDefName="Xxome.oracle.apps.pos.supplier.server.XxOmxAddressNameAM" id="XxOmxAddressNameVO1" name="XxOmxAddressNameExtLovRG">-<ui:contents><oa:messageStyledText id="Segment12" queryable="true" maximumLength="25" viewAttr="Segment12" viewName="XxOmxAddressNameVO1" prompt="Segment12" dataType="VARCHAR2"/><oa:messageStyledText id="ProjectName" queryable="true" maximumLength="240" viewAttr="ProjectName" viewName="XxOmxAddressNameVO1" prompt="ProjectName" dataType="VARCHAR2"/></ui:contents></oa:table></ui:contents></oa:listOfValues>

• 10. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
                            Sandeep M.

Hi Aravinda,

If you hide the seeded  Message text Input then you will not be able to return address name value into it from LOV and it may affect standard functionality as well.

May be you can make it read only so that user is forced to use lov input.

From my first reply:

• 11. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
                              Aravinda

Hi Sandeep

U mentioned  the following

BUT  I could not find this region and item,

I went the following way

Oracle payables----------->Suppliers---->entry --->search for any supplier->GO----->Address Book---------->Create-------------> Here We have Mandatory Address name col RIGHT,

but when i click on personalise page there is no  AddressDtSrchRN

I could see only  AddressStyleRN (as in  my response to u)Message Component Layout: (extndRegion.AddrDet1.AddressStyleRN)

Message Component Layout: (extndRegion.AddrDet1.PSFlexRN)

Message Component Layout: (extndRegion.AddrDet1.AddressPurposeRN)

Message Component Layout: (extndRegion.Addr411RN)

No where iam finding   Seeded Address Name  Message Text input

Please check once. where can i get it.

Thanks.......................Aravinda

• 12. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
                                Aravinda

Hi

Iam able to retrive value in my custom LOV input using lov mappings.,

But this value is not getting stored in the data base.

How to resolve this issue.Plz help.

Thanks

Aravinda

• 13. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
                                  Sandeep M.

Hi Aravinda,

Yes it is there in messageComponentLayout: (AddressStyleRN)

This region is extended one so you cannot personalize this page,

you will have to personalize

"/oracle/apps/pos/supplier/components/webui/AddressRN"

from the functional administrator responsibility.

messageComponentLayout: (AddressDtSrchRN) was there on address book search page.

Regards,

Sandeep M.

• 14. Re: How to convert a text input into a LOV input
                                    Sandeep M.

Is your Lov input mapped to correct view attribute?

1 2 Previous Next